nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Forums for each generation of video cards? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34716)

Zeta 08-14-04 11:32 AM

Forums for each generation of video cards?

I love these forums but I have a suggestion. Instead of having just "nvidia graphics card" is there any chance of adding for example: "geforce 6", "geforce 5", "older nividia cards". The reason I ask for this is that the "nvidia grpahics card" forums is so popular I think posts get buried too fast.

MikeC 08-14-04 08:38 PM

Re: Forums for each generation of video cards?

Thinking :)

|JuiceZ| 08-15-04 01:52 AM

Good suggestion, although I can't see making a seperate forum for every generation since the Riva 128, the last two or three plus a generic "old nvidia graphics cards" forum would prolly help a lot. And yes you're right, posts in that thread do get buried entirely way too fast.

ricercar 08-15-04 03:01 AM

Maybe split into a "current gen" and a "legacy" NVIDIA forums. I agree there's not enough to justify a different forum for each. Look at the eVGA.com forums to see what that situation looks like.

Zeta 08-15-04 06:46 AM

Right. I would not expect a forum for every generation released. Like my original post stated I think 3 would cover it. The latest 2 generations then an "older" forums.

PsychoSy 08-15-04 08:18 AM

I was just thinking about this the other day, too, but y'all beat me to it! Anway, I'm leaning more towards what ricercar suggested -- a "Legacy" sub-forum for everything up to the Geforce 4 and a "Current" sub-forum for the FX and 6800 family. That would probably be our best bet.

saturnotaku 08-15-04 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoSy
I was just thinking about this the other day, too, but y'all beat me to it! Anway, I'm leaning more towards what ricercar suggested -- a "Legacy" sub-forum for everything up to the Geforce 4 and a "Current" sub-forum for the FX and 6800 family. That would probably be our best bet.

Totally agreed. This would be a very good idea.

|JuiceZ| 08-15-04 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoSy

Sounds good, if I get the blessing from the bald gu---er MikeC, we can make it happen :angel:

Zeta 08-15-04 01:19 PM

If you are talking about a sub-forum like the Doom 3 forum tbh I don't like that. Let me tell you why though. It actually kinda drives me nuts that I have to click the gaming forum to get to the Doom 3 forum. And a lot of poeple post in the gaming forums because they dont see the Doom 3 sub-forum. If you could make it so the Doom 3 sub-forum is accessible from the main list then I would have no issue whatsoever. Just to clairify when I say main list I mean see if from here .

PsychoSy 08-15-04 02:00 PM

That extra click ain't gonna hurt ya! :angel: ;)

Zeta 08-15-04 03:22 PM

I understand what you are saying. I have given my thoughts on the matter and will leave it up to the powers to be. I appreciate taking the time to read and think about my suggestions. I have been coming to nvnews.net what seems like forever. Back in the riva128 days. I remember Mike C. and Halcyon from rivazone.com.

jAkUp 08-15-04 04:22 PM

I also wish the doom3 forum was not a subforum, only because most people probably dont notice it...