nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   nvnews is constipated (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35031)

Kamel 08-18-04 03:33 PM

nvnews is constipated

not so much a complaint, but a question... ever since i've been at nvnews. the host has been less than perfect. i was just curious... is it the board, the hosts uptime, the hosts bandwidth? maybe the processor usage is just too high. i don't know anything about that, but i know that this host (esp. recently) has like 90% uptime at best, lol. most hosts have a 99.99% uptime gaurantee.

anyway, just curious what was going on if you knew... not to be a whiney bitch, cuz i know nvn is free :P but i would think that the advertisments would cover a worth-while host atleast.

Sazar 08-18-04 04:42 PM

Re: nvnews is constipated

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamel
not so much a complaint, but a question... ever since i've been at nvnews. the host has been less than perfect.

:ORDER:

I think we found the problem cap'n

Kamel 08-18-04 06:01 PM

lol, now that the problem is found, can there be a fix? =:o

MikeC 08-18-04 06:42 PM

I'm trying to find out what has happened since yesterday for msql to bog down the server.

|JuiceZ| 08-18-04 07:09 PM

Response seems to be getting back to normal now. Can you forgive a 'lil brudder? :sry:

Kamel 08-18-04 07:58 PM

i can make it on my own!

lol, i was just curious... nvnews has never been very great for uptime, it's just been much worse than normal lately.

jAkUp 08-18-04 08:06 PM

now it seems as if its going slow again :( *sniff*

Kamel 08-18-04 08:13 PM

yea, i was just going to post that :(

maybe you should temporarily suspend the search feature until you find the problem, as that generally takes the most CPU on boards (not that you can actually find anything with that pos =\)

jAkUp 08-18-04 08:24 PM

time for quad xeons!! w00t!!

Clay 08-18-04 08:25 PM

Quote:

i can make it on my own!

lol, i was just curious... nvnews has never been very great for uptime, it's just been much worse than normal lately.

"never" ? :confused: You've been registered here for 10 months and during that time we had some intermittent issues surrounding the server upgrade process for a few weeks. However, I think "never" is a bit of a broad brush. :D

Kamel 08-18-04 08:48 PM

sorry for my improper grammar, i felt you would understand i only meant during the time i've been here :p lol.

Clay 08-18-04 08:58 PM

Quote:

sorry for my improper grammar, i felt you would understand i only meant during the time i've been here :p lol.

No no, not a grammar problem. :) Just saying that your statement implies that nvnews has never been very great for uptime during the entire 10 months that you've been here. I'm just saying that statement simply isn't true. I could rattle off many, many websites that are consistently slow loading/riddled with popups or popons/etc... nV News is a very fast loading site much more often than not.