nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hell on Earth Mod!!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35203)

Intel17 08-20-04 09:40 PM

Hell on Earth Mod!!!

Ok, here's the scoop on this in-development Doom 3 mod..

"~About~
Based in the same Time frame as Doom 3, you play as the son of the space marine you play in Doom 3. You will in Long Beach, California with your mom. As a 18 year old, you have come to see your dad who works for the UAC to be sent on a mission to mars. Without your dad, things can get pretty basic and boring. One day, over the news, you hear of the discovery of the first archeological sight found on mars, and soon these artifacts will be sent to earth for further research. You think to yourself "I wonder what my dad is doing up there on mars?". As the next morning starts you get ready to go to the skate park to meet your friend jeff, until you hear over the radio of UAC recruiters explaining the possiblity of a draft. Whatever for, you continue to go straight to the skatepark. The invasion is immenent. How will you survive it?

Features
*All monsters from the original Doom will be remade and tossed with some amazing shaders including bump mapping and fur.
*See what was left out. Go up against the Baron of Hell and the almighty SpiderMastermind.
*Use a vast aresal of weapons to push back a hord of Imps, or to devistate packs of intelligent Archviles.
*Play the game as its meant to be. By taking the gameplay of Doom and mixing it with the graphics of Doom 3, you can experience a fight against Hords of Stupified zombies and Imps raging through cities and homes.
*Go to locations such as LAX, Long Beach, DownTown Los Angeles, and more.
*Explore vast cities, filled with civilians, later to be loaded with bodies.
*Experinece another side of a story, seeing the destruction of earth as we know it. Before and After the invasion."

More here

Also, I emailed the project leader and gave me some great stuff, they will be utilizing this engine well...

-Characters will have 3000-18000 polys

-They will use Normal Mapping

-They will impliment a load of new shaders, some of which will be beautiful water for lakes, oceans, pools etc. and fur for some of the creatures.

-They will be recreating the doom3 monsters and designing new monsters (Spider Mastermind, barron, etc)

Impressive, huh?

Mr. Hunt 08-20-04 09:51 PM

Re: Hell on Earth Mod!!!

Who cares? I saw on planet doom the model for the double barreled shotgun and that was all I needed to know I wanted the mod :).

Intel17 08-20-04 09:53 PM

Heh, if those guys can pull this mod off, well :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

-=DVS=- 08-21-04 02:34 AM

That would be more fun then playing story , just running like crazy and shooting just like original doom :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

DaveW 08-21-04 08:17 AM

The Doom 3 Fortress Mod is all I care about right now :)

We won't see any real mods come out until the SDK is released though :(