nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   status updates forum? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36135)

Kamel 09-03-04 11:41 AM

status updates forum?

i'm not even sure if i like the idea or not, i was just thinking that there could be a forum or subforum or something that was made for status updates. this meaning basically "hey, i'm gonna go on vacation" and stuff like that. i know it may sound a bit dumb, but it's kinda pointless to post those things in the normal forum as not many people see them before scrolling away; but then you could argue it's totally pointless to post them in the first place, and i could agree with that if so.

just curious what you all think about it. pls dont flame me for this if you don't like the idea, i was hesitant to post because it could be flame bait, lol. like i said, i see the disadvantages, and am not sure if i would even like it, was just curious what you all thought :).

|JuiceZ| 09-03-04 12:17 PM

Re: status updates forum?

If Kamel offers another idea for the forum I'm going on vacation! (j/k)

Nice idea but as Corey mentioned, its not really needed since most of us stay glued to these radiation boxes newayz :p

saturnotaku 09-03-04 12:28 PM

A fine idea except for the fact that neither I nor about 99.999% of others on this forum honestly care where everyone else is and/or what they are doing.

MikeC 09-03-04 12:36 PM

I care, I want to know. :D What are you doing Ed teaching English? I am working on a 6600GT review this weekend where's everybody going? I might only care because I should be working on this review and am goofing off on a break.

saturnotaku 09-03-04 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC
What are you doing Ed teaching English?

I'd get paid a hell of a lot more if I did. I got into the wrong racket.

saturnotaku 09-03-04 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
Spell it with me now: C-O-R-Y

H-O-S-E-R

C-H-E-E-S-E-H-E-A-D

juego 09-03-04 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnotaku
A fine idea except for the fact that neither I nor about 99.999% of others on this forum honestly care where everyone else is and/or what they are doing.

You're no really social are you?

|JuiceZ| 09-03-04 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
No E you d0rk, no E!!! :bash:

Spell it with me now: C-O-R-Y :wtf:

O my bad, d0rkis™! :D

SH64 09-03-04 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC
I am working on a 6600GT review this weekend

*prays* Please god .. let there be some SLI benchies in that review :D

Kamel 09-03-04 06:28 PM

LOL, i guess the answer is pretty obvious. yea, i thought it was a dumb idea when i posted it. oh well, i guess i'm only a little crisp around the edges now, as opposed to deep fried :p lmao.

while i'm at it though, the coolest emoticon in the world would be sonic the hedgehog when you stop moving him for a while and he taps his foot then checks his watch, lol.

saturnotaku 09-06-04 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juego
You're no really social are you?

Only when GibMcFag0rt's mom is around. Then it's part-ey time. :nanahump:

Sazar 09-06-04 09:45 PM

well... we have those little title thingers and location thingers in our CP's :)

why not just use those to say "on vacation" for the title and "gone till <insert date>" in the location or let us know where the hell yer off to so we can get all jealous and hack into and crash the computers where ever the hell yer going to...

:cool:

accidentally of course