nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tribes : Vengence SP Demo (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36589)

SH64 09-10-04 03:57 PM

Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
http://www.actiontrip.com/files/demo...engeance.phtml
http://www.computergames.ro/download...804/index.html
http://www.gamershell.com/news/17141.html
http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=16850
http://files.filefront.com/3628502;/...icial%20Demos/
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tr...downloads.html
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=19988

Gaco 09-10-04 04:32 PM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
Cool! Downloading now...

nVidi0t 09-10-04 04:39 PM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
w00t! Downloading.

saturnotaku 09-11-04 08:39 AM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
I'm surprised there hasn't been more feedback on this. I gave it a shot even though I've never been a fan of the Tribes series. It definitely has the same feel to do it so fans of the first two games surely will like it. But as for me, I'll be skipping this one.

SH64 09-11-04 08:57 AM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnotaku
I'm surprised there hasn't been more feedback on this. I gave it a shot even though I've never been a fan of the Tribes series. It definitely has the same feel to do it so fans of the first two games surely will like it. But as for me, I'll be skipping this one.

I didnt play any of the Tribes series . maybe Tribes 2 a little but i didnt enjoy it.
this one - from the TV preview i saw - looks good , so i'll give it a shot .. i heard its using PS2.0 ??!

anyway i didnt give any feedback yet because i didnt finish downloading it yet .. :o

BioHazZarD 09-11-04 09:08 AM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
Was fun that level, no more no less.

sonaboy 09-11-04 09:37 AM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
i am so stoked for this game - i hope they did a good job.

UT has finally started getting redundant, so i'm hoping for a long bout with this one.

let's hope the gameplay rocks balls...

stncttr908 09-11-04 09:39 AM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
The Open Beta version crashes constantly for me, but I have enjoyed it otherwise. This one should be good when it comes out.

sonaboy 09-11-04 12:24 PM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
I've downloaded it twice now from two different sites, and both exe's were faulty - i got a corrupted file alert both times from windows.

has anyone had this problem yet? is there a quick fix to it?
i got the exe off of reputable sites - Worthplaying/Fileshack.
both gave me the same message.
i'm using Mozilla Firefox to DL.

SH64 09-11-04 12:33 PM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonaboy
I've downloaded it twice now from two different sites, and both exe's were faulty - i got a corrupted file alert both times from windows.

has anyone had this problem yet? is there a quick fix to it?
i got the exe off of reputable sites - Worthplaying/Fileshack.
both gave me the same message.
i'm using Mozilla Firefox to DL.

Whats the exact file size you've downloaded ? because i'm d/ling from worthplaying too .

CaptNKILL 09-11-04 12:39 PM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
Wow this is the first anyone has posted of it? I was going to last night but i figured everyone already knew.

Ive had this since yesterday. Its not bad but the level is pretty stupid considering what the Tribes games are about.

In this demo, you are with a few fellow soldiers that have been captured and you are in some sort of arena tournament thing fighting the enemy soldiers.

uhh....DUH? Havent we been playing this same crap for the last 5 years? Tribes is about open landscapes and large scale battles, not arena deathmatch combat.

That said, it seems ok. Not great, but not bad. I just dont know why the hell they made the demo take place in an arena :confused:

sonaboy 09-11-04 01:03 PM

Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64
Whats the exact file size you've downloaded ? because i'm d/ling from worthplaying too .

in my folder it says 382.982 kb
which seems slightly bigger than 375 mb, ah?

i also got this one from a THIRD source - 3D Gamers.

so i'm completely stuck, and have no idea what to do to make it work.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.