nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New HL2 binktrailer "Coastline" (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36628)

Gaco 09-11-04 04:02 PM

New HL2 binktrailer "Coastline"

Old E3-2004 footage, but now in the superior binkformat:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_6971.shtml

BioHazZarD 09-11-04 04:20 PM

Re: New HL2 binktrailer "Coastline"

Release the god damn game instead of theese god forsaken bink videos!

Seoulstriker 09-11-04 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioHazZarD

I hate how Valve is hyping up the game so badly yet the only thing they can produce is some bink video. I'll be laughing when someone finally manages to crack the encryption or whatever.

And what's really weird is that almost everything in that movie is straight out of Doom 3, except for the cheesy vehicle.

CaptNKILL 09-11-04 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seoulstriker
I hate how Valve is hyping up the game so badly yet the only thing they can produce is some bink video. I'll be laughing when someone finally manages to crack the encryption or whatever.

And what's really weird is that almost everything in that movie is straight out of Doom 3, except for the cheesy vehicle.

Encryption on what? The textures that can be pre-loaded with steam? No one has the game yet because its not done :|

Seoulstriker 09-11-04 05:50 PM

Authentication with steam. I'm pretty sure that in order to play the game, even with a CD-copy, you need to authenticate with steam.

datamage 09-11-04 06:15 PM

I seriously doubt that to play single player one would need to authenticate with Steam. So if one day the Steam servers are down, or my internet connection doesn't work, I can't play HL2? Not quite.

- D.

bonchez 09-11-04 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioHazZarD

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edge 09-11-04 08:33 PM

Actually, if you think about it Valve has been very busy lately. They've been releasing videos of HL2, they've been running the CS:S beta and fixing problems as they pop up (which is apperently no small feat I might add, since it sounds like it had so many problems!), they've been fixing and updating Steam (again, no small feat since it's full of problems!), they've been preloading HL2 files to users, and of course they've been working on Half-life 2. Though releasing videos is probably the easiest thing they've done, but hey, it's better than nothing. Wonder how close HL2 is to release, they sure have been pre-loading a lot of content for it lately...

Seoulstriker 09-11-04 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Though releasing videos is probably the easiest thing they've done, but hey, it's better than nothing. Wonder how close HL2 is to release, they sure have been pre-loading a lot of content for it lately...

Valve has you exactly where they want you. Remember the release date, preciousssss? :ORDER:

Edge 09-11-04 11:15 PM

Yeah, but back then people didn't have the full game sitting on their harddrive...oh wait...they did :D

Woodelf 09-12-04 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Wonder how close HL2 is to release, they sure have been pre-loading a lot of content for it lately...

Valve has been very close to release for a couple of years now. :udawg:

Woodelf 09-12-04 09:39 AM

Am I the only one here that think's this game looks totally dated compared to doom 3?.
And what's up with that music.
The only thing I see going for HL2 anymore is the ability to use the environment as a weapon.