nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   So, Why Do People Buy Nvidia Cards? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36779)

311Sam 09-14-04 05:00 AM

So, Why Do People Buy Nvidia Cards?

please, explain.

What is so great about them? Why are they better then ati? Or are they?

vampireuk 09-14-04 05:04 AM

Re: So, Why Do People Buy Nvidia Cards?

Because they are high performace cards that perform extremely well, also their drivers are rock solid.

It all comes down to personal preference, also you posted in the wrong forum ;)

Pandora's Box 09-14-04 05:15 AM

your asking at an nvidia forum why people buy nvidia cards? lol

MUYA 09-14-04 06:44 AM

Looks like a trouble maker to me.

vampireuk 09-14-04 06:45 AM

Me too, IP check? :D

MUYA 09-14-04 06:47 AM

hmm I willing to let this thread remain open..undeleted.....the min it start getting nasty..it and the people involved will be delt with etc etc etc

311Sam 09-14-04 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA
Looks like a trouble maker to me.

just simply wondering...

MUYA 09-14-04 06:50 AM

sure u did

ChrisRay 09-14-04 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311Sam
just simply wondering...

I agree with him. /shrug

zakelwe 09-14-04 06:59 AM

I buy them as they have all the features and are quick enough with good drivers support at a cost that is right.

End of marketing blurb

Regards

Andy

nvnews-reader 09-14-04 07:15 AM

I think its a good question. I buy them mainly for the name. I think i first started liking them because of the way they dominated the graphics market by doubling the speed every 6 months back when there were a bunch of companies making gfx cards.

Of course it doesn't hurt that they have the best gpu today as well. :p

Gator 09-14-04 07:35 AM

It all comes down to personal preference, and for me it was the drivers. As a dual display user I'm very impressed with the nView features of Forceware. I've tried the Radeon Hydravision software and I thought it was horrible. Nvidia definetly has a better grasp on multi-display users.

I also really like Digital Vibrance, in fact on my LCD's it is absolutely essential I keep it on. That's a fault of my choice in LCD's, so if I had an ATI card believe me I'd be suffering. Some claim you can get similar results to DV with ATI cards, but it doesn't look nearly as good I hear.

And in the past I've had far more studdering frame rate issues with ATI cards I've owned, but I have not had such a problem with the Nvidia cards I've owned.

I think ATI makes really wonderful hardware, but it's their driver packages and software I question. In fact one more thing worth mentioning is the absolute aggrivation I've had with ATI TV Wonder and All-in-Wonder cards, their stability left much to be desired for me.