nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Operation Flashpoint 2 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36789)

zoomy942 09-14-04 10:22 AM

Operation Flashpoint 2

I dont know how many people liked this game, but in its day, it was the BEST FPS time i have ever had. The ability to have an objective and then use any means you want to achieve it was great. I just cant wait for Operation Flashpoint 2! Is there anyone that likes that game? i have had buddies here at work try it but they dont want to give it a fair chance... they try it for 2 minutes and hate it. they dont know what they are missing.

Fatman 09-14-04 10:35 AM

Re: Operation Flashpoint 2

Indeed a damn fine game. Tons of mods and add-ons too. I recently heard that FP2 was pushed back to 2006, not sure if it's true though.

zoomy942 09-14-04 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatman
Indeed a damn fine game. Tons of mods and add-ons too. I recently heard that FP2 was pushed back to 2006, not sure if it's true though.

:afraid: :afraid:

zoomy942 09-14-04 10:52 AM

the best part was to be a part of special forces with the silenced machine gun and go and kill the shilka drivers and steal their tank!

Fatman 09-14-04 01:41 PM

I really dig shooting down choppers with RPGs. It's hard as hell, but fun. Especially fun, if it crashes into a house. Maybe we should setup a game for all nVnews forum dwellers who like FlashPoint.

zoomy942 09-14-04 01:46 PM

i'd be curious to see how many people here actually like that game. you know something? when i get tired of any new games i have or i am bored.. the only game i keep giong back to is operation flashpoint. it never gets old

nVidi0t 09-14-04 02:14 PM

Flashpoint was absolutely stunning. I must have spent over 1000 hours playing that on LAN with friends. I heard the Flashpoint 2 engine is already being used by the Marines as a simulator. No news on the game itself though.

nVidi0t 09-14-04 02:15 PM

Anyone single handedly finished the Lost Squad mission? Man, that is such an intense scenario.

SH64 09-14-04 02:19 PM

(w/opics)

I like Op:FlashPoint very much . i'm just getting busy with all them FP shooters around & getting desperate from these lengthy release dates/delays.

LT.Schaffer 09-14-04 02:48 PM

Flashpoint Rocks!!!

Raptorman 09-14-04 10:59 PM

Flashpoint, imo, is one of the greatest FPS' ever made. I've spent countless hours making missions for that game. I can't wait for OFP2.

Mr.Clawz950 09-15-04 10:15 AM

Unfortunately the 'rumor' of OFP2 being delayed til 2006 is infact true. So it looks like us OFP fans will have to wait awhile for the next installment. I myself love and still play OFP every day. I remember I bought it the first day of its US release and immediately learned all of the scripts for the mission builder. I made the first true HALO mission and tons of Tank vs Tank missions. I also specialized in SpecOp missions (especially night) and co-produced a remake of the Afghanistan mission last year. And yes, I finished the Lost Squad alone and to be honest it was rather mundane.