nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Far Cry Patch plans (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36891)

Ghostguy 09-16-04 09:49 AM

Far Cry Patch plans

Quote:

Please note that Far Cry patch 1.25 is still undergoing tweaking at Crytek. We'll give you more news on that as soon as we're able.
sorry if this was already posted.
The above was seen @ Blues

Riptide 09-16-04 10:14 AM

Re: Far Cry Patch plans

<yawn> (mag)

aAv7 09-16-04 11:30 AM

So their just ignoring the 1.3 patch I assume? It's funny....their "tweaking" the 1.25 patch....what exactly needs tweaking? Last time I checked the 4.9 cats fixed all problems with ati cards and the 1.2 patch. They need to move their butts on the 1.3 patch so we can play the famous rocks on the beach scene that jakup got to play @ e3....and ati owners can have 3dc. We dont want a 1.25 patch that fixes problems already fixed by video card drivers. :rolleyes: Redundant.

superklye 09-16-04 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimate17
So their just ignoring the 1.3 patch I assume? It's funny....their "tweaking" the 1.25 patch....what exactly needs tweaking? Last time I checked the 4.9 cats fixed all problems with ati cards and the 1.2 patch. They need to move their butts on the 1.3 patch so we can play the famous rocks on the beach scene that jakup got to play @ e3....and ati owners can have 3dc. We dont want a 1.25 patch that fixes problems already fixed by video card drivers. :rolleyes: Redundant.

Well let's see:

1.2 was released and recalled.
1.3 was never made

1.25 is between 1.2 and 1.3...maybe they're taking the best of both worlds here? And what does the version number have to do with anything? They could call it 10.0 and it could be just the 1.2 patch again...the numbers are just an arbitrary system to let users know there is something different than the boxed version. Besides did they actually say it was going to be version 1.3?

nutcrackr 09-16-04 12:09 PM

I had problems with the the 1.2 patch on my 9700pro, 4.9's didn't fix it.

Pandora's Box 09-16-04 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
Well let's see:

1.2 was released and recalled.
1.3 was never made

1.25 is between 1.2 and 1.3...maybe they're taking the best of both worlds here? And what does the version number have to do with anything? They could call it 10.0 and it could be just the 1.2 patch again...the numbers are just an arbitrary system to let users know there is something different than the boxed version. Besides did they actually say it was going to be version 1.3?

yes they did say that there was going to be a version 1.3. i believe in a firingsquad.com interview. it was supposed to add hdr for nvidia and 3dc for ati among other things.

superklye 09-16-04 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
yes they did say that there was going to be a version 1.3. i believe in a firingsquad.com interview. it was supposed to add hdr for nvidia and 3dc for ati among other things.

And since this isn't labeled as 1.3, it means that it's for sure not 1.3 in disguise?

aAv7 09-16-04 01:07 PM

Well when they say 1.25-it sounds to me, like a fixed version of 1.2, if it had hdr and 3dc, I dont see why they would call it 1.25. They would just release 1.3 and say all fixes for 1.2 are in this patch. 1.25 gives off the impression that it's a small fix, rather than a huge change. Kind of like any other sotware...1.1.5 is always less impressive than 2.0 and so on. We're just using a little common-sense....try it sometime. :D

Vagrant Zero 09-16-04 01:16 PM

Patch 1.2 craps out on me [got a GT] so no, there were issues with it.

superklye 09-16-04 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimate17
Well when they say 1.25-it sounds to me, like a fixed version of 1.2, if it had hdr and 3dc, I dont see why they would call it 1.25. They would just release 1.3 and say all fixes for 1.2 are in this patch. 1.25 gives off the impression that it's a small fix, rather than a huge change. Kind of like any other sotware...1.1.5 is always less impressive than 2.0 and so on. We're just using a little common-sense....try it sometime. :D

I'm lacking common sense? Do you even know what's going into the 1.25 patch yet? Why not wait to bitch about it not being 1.3 until you find out exactly what's in it. Maybe it IS 1.3 but they decided to call it 1.25 instead. Did you ever stop to use *gasp* common sense and think about that?

superklye 09-16-04 01:23 PM

Look, the point is the next Warcraft 3 patch could be 1.17 or it could be 1.4 and you know what? It would have the same stuff in it no matter what it's called. That's the point. You're saying that the patch number "gives the impression" that it's not as good when the simple fact remains that you just don't know what the patch is going to contain.

Pandora's Box 09-16-04 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
I'm lacking common sense? Do you even know what's going into the 1.25 patch yet? Why not wait to bitch about it not being 1.3 until you find out exactly what's in it. Maybe it IS 1.3 but they decided to call it 1.25 instead. Did you ever stop to use *gasp* common sense and think about that?

personal attack 4 teh loose. :rolleyes: