nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Madden 2005: Fumbles, fumbles, and more fumbles? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37033)

OWA 09-18-04 09:22 PM

Madden 2005: Fumbles, fumbles, and more fumbles?

Anyone play Madden 2005 on the PC? I got that today and while there are a lot of things I really like about it, the fumbles are driving me crazy. I seem to remember an issue like this last year with 2004 that needed a patch to correct. Anyway, I'm just wondering if there is any way to adjust how often fumbles occur. Right now, I'm beginning to hate playing since it seems like every drive there is a fumble (both sides). It's a little ridiculous.

Omega53 09-18-04 09:55 PM

Re: Madden 2005: Fumbles, fumbles, and more fumbles?

Butterfingers???

OWA 09-18-04 10:09 PM

I don't know what the deal is. The game I just played I made it until the 4th Q before there was a fumble but that hasn't been the norm. During the first 3 games I played, there were usually around 5 or 6 fumbles in them. I think it's unbalanced b/c of the new "big hit" feature.

Omega53 09-18-04 10:23 PM

Knowing EA you will be waiting a long time for a patch :(

DivotMaker 09-18-04 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega53
Knowing EA you will be waiting a long time for a patch :(

Yes, God forbid if they take their time to make sure they address as many issues as they can with a patch....:rolleyes:

Omega53 09-18-04 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBerthaEA
Yes, God forbid if they take their time to make sure they address as many issues as they can with a patch....:rolleyes:

Maybe if they tested their games a little more before releasing something with this big a problem it wouldnt need patches :rolleyes:

jAkUp 09-19-04 12:19 AM

Well they release a game every year.. so I can imagine its not easy to squash every bug when you have a deadline.

netviper13 09-19-04 12:31 AM

Quote:

Maybe if they tested their games a little more before releasing something with this big a problem it wouldnt need patches :rolleyes:

Maybe it only happens under certain circumstances. Debugging code is neither easy nor fun.

DivotMaker 09-19-04 08:54 AM

Quote:

I am sure they are the only company who releases PC games that need patching..... :rolleyes:

Razorman 09-19-04 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBerthaEA
I am sure they are the only company who releases PC games that need patching..... :rolleyes:

If only that were true.........

OWA 09-19-04 10:10 AM

Well, except for the fumbling and having a hard time getting yards on the ground I'm loving Madden 2005. I also bought a Xbox and ESPN 2K5 yesterday but I think I prefer Madden 2005 on the PC. ESPN 2K5 looks like watching a game on TV at times, just amazing, but it's hard to make out details down the field. So, when passing I'm basically looking at a blob of pixels down the field and hoping I'm throwing to the right guy. Maybe I just need to get adjusted to the lower resolution. It would be great if they could keep everything larger (stay closer to the action). I also tried connecting the xbox to my HDTV tuner to see if it would be any clearer on the PC monitor but that didn't work out very well either. Anyway, Madden 2005 doesn't look quite as good overall as ESPN 2K5 on the Xbox but it's much easier on the eyes so I'm enjoying it more. I'm more able to get into the game instead of straining to see my players and the action downfield.

DivotMaker 09-19-04 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorman
If only that were true.........

Only in a perfect world....