nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sims 2: How to paint masterpieces? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37076)

ynnek 09-19-04 04:12 PM

Sims 2: How to paint masterpieces?

How do you paint masterpieces, so I can hit the goal of selling one?

My Sim's creativity is maxed out, and his painting seem to be better. lots of night scenes and clowns now.. do I just need him to paint more?

six_storm 09-20-04 12:02 PM

Re: Sims 2: How to paint masterpieces?

I've been wondering the same thing. I've got the SG for Sims 2 but I haven't had much time to read it. I think you just have to keep painting till the picture is done or something. You must have picked a Fortune Aspiration. Good luck buying expensive stuff.

ynnek 09-20-04 02:26 PM

Well, he does finish paintings, but they aren't masterpieces.. can you please flip thru your SG to see if they mention anything? :)

Fortune asipration itsn't bad. Actually, he's on the top of his Career ladder now, as a Criminal Mastermind.. he now goes to work in a black and red costume with things coming out of his back.. lmao! I think he makes about $1500 a day.

Hitting the wants wasn't too bad either.. I must have gotten him to drink whole canisters of the Elixer of Life like 3 times or so already.. I just make sure he's collects at least 30,000 points before he's at the halfway age point.. You get good points going to work and getting raises too, in the beginning.. now that he's at the top of the ladder, all he wants is expensive stuff, sell a painting, and occasionally make new friends..

The "want" of painting a masterpiece gets him 6000 points though!

I moved him out of a house, with two other women ;) but unfortuantly i didn't realize that he left all his money and stuff behind.. doh.. so now his ex roomate slacker and med people are sitting on a house chock full of cool stuff and 90k just sitting around.... But I got him and the other two women slowly building up a new house already..

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm
I've been wondering the same thing. I've got the SG for Sims 2 but I haven't had much time to read it. I think you just have to keep painting till the picture is done or something. You must have picked a Fortune Aspiration. Good luck buying expensive stuff.

six_storm 09-21-04 08:11 AM

My teenage daughter has the fortune aspiration and she finished a painting last night. She stopped on her own so I knew that it was complete. When I was buying/selling things in Buy Mode, you can drag the finished painting off the easil and onto your wall. Very cool. Sorry I didn't get time to flip through the SG, but that's how I did it. Good luck.

ynnek 09-21-04 10:15 AM

was it actually a "masterpiece" though? How much did it sell for?

My characters finish paintings, completed and all, and I can sell them, but they aren't "masterpieces"... simply normal finished paintings.. They only go for about $450 when selling them now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm
My teenage daughter has the fortune aspiration and she finished a painting last night. She stopped on her own so I knew that it was complete. When I was buying/selling things in Buy Mode, you can drag the finished painting off the easil and onto your wall. Very cool. Sorry I didn't get time to flip through the SG, but that's how I did it. Good luck.

LycosV 09-21-04 06:15 PM

Maybe you need to let the painting age. In the original Sims art becomes worth more money the longer you have it. Could be paintings you make become masterpieces. Just a shot in the dark.

LycosV