nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Star Wars Battlefront (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37191)

Mr. Hunt 09-21-04 12:32 PM

Star Wars Battlefront

Anybody get it yet? Looks interesting and I want to try it but wouldn't mind seeing what other people think about it.

Clay 09-21-04 01:22 PM

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

I was curious too, just started reading here myself...

PaiN 09-21-04 02:57 PM

I picked it up this afternoon.....I got about 20mins with the game :(...then my little one woke up. So I can't say much...other than it ran fine...and the battling was tense. I'll get some more play time in tonight.

MrSavoy 09-21-04 03:35 PM

I will be picking it up on the way home from work in about 30 minutes. I will post my thoughts on the game later on tonight afer I've installed and played a bit.:)

lIqUID 09-21-04 04:44 PM

I was also interested in this game until I heard negative feedback on it here. It might be different now that the game is released, but Ill wait and see what the popular opinion is before I buy.

Zeta 09-21-04 06:53 PM

I just got done playing this game online for about an hour. I really cant decide at this point if I like it or not. It defenatley needs some patches. I remember how horrible BF:1942 was when it came out. The multiplayer browser is horrible as seems to be the norm these days (no favorites). The action actually seemed pretty fun however. You can actually be a droideka and roll up in a ball roll out to your location, unfold put up your shields and start blasting just like in the movie. You can pilot vehicles (which is akward). The graphics are nice, not great, but nice.

I dont feel like it was a waste of money yet. I think with some patching this could really be a great game. What ever happened to a game being polished out of the box. I dont think that exists anymore. I feel bad for the console owners. It is also quite fun to fly around and shoot down at people. They will also need to release a dedicated linux server (I have not heard of any plans for this) if they really want to appeal to hardcore online gamers. I think this game would be a GREAT lan party game. You really have to work with your team to be effective it seems.

On a scale of 1 - 10 at this point I would give it a 7.9.

subbo 09-21-04 07:42 PM

Seems nice so far. Too bad they had to dumb it up for the consoles. The maps are pretty claustrophobic.

Some (huge) performance issues too with high shadows enabled. I'd also like to get rid of that horrid "soft focus" thats on screen all the time, it's like being drunk or stoned.

Tool99 09-21-04 09:10 PM

(w/opics)

PaiN 09-21-04 09:20 PM

After a few hours with it tonight...I can hoestly say I don't have Zeta's problem....I definately don't like it.....Controls outside of the basic FPS stink...MP hook up \ game browser needs lots of work. Game play is a rehash of BF1942(imo :(). I was also hoping for a good SP side but again its a BF rehash..basicly the same thing as an MP session with bots...Oh the fun :rolleyes:

I called EB, where I bought it, and they said NP to return it for WarHammer: DoW....I love my local EB :)

Clay 09-21-04 09:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys, let's keep it coming. :)

@PaiN: I love my local EB too. I know they're not "mom & pop" level but they're not a big box like BB or CompUSA either...I somehow feel better about buying at EB. :)

karkrash81 09-21-04 09:55 PM

I almost picked it up today while strolling through the mall (indy's worthless circle center... :lame: )...but i was wary of the reports that the AI was horrendous....I had such high hopes for this...i guess i'll wait one more week for evil genius...

superklye 09-21-04 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaiN
After a few hours with it tonight...I can hoestly say I don't have Zeta's problem....I definately don't like it.....Controls outside of the basic FPS stink...MP hook up \ game browser needs lots of work. Game play is a rehash of BF1942(imo :(). I was also hoping for a good SP side but again its a BF rehash..basicly the same thing as an MP session with bots...Oh the fun :rolleyes:

I called EB, where I bought it, and they said NP to return it for WarHammer: DoW....I love my local EB :)

You can return opened PC games? That's pretty sweet. I thought most places would like kill you if you asked them that.