nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Sims 2: I dont know what to do? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37242)

DJMONDY 09-22-04 02:46 AM

The Sims 2: I dont know what to do?

Hi all,

I got my copy of the sims 2 lastnight. Got home installed it and started playing, no problems or hikkups (great).

Now i only have one problem. I dont really know what to do! Ive never played any of the sims games before so im stuck on what the objective is in the game. I played the tutorials so i know the basic how to move,eat,bath,sleep etc.

Is it better to choose one of the premade families (goth, nice) or create your own from scratch (family and house)??

Any info would be very helpfull.

Cheers :)

To be honest i was enjoying it lastnight even tho i didnt have a clue what i was doing but i think i would have more enjoyment if i knew what was going on!! :)

Mr. Hunt 09-22-04 03:52 AM

Re: The Sims 2: I dont know what to do?

You live :\.

Daneel Olivaw 09-22-04 08:43 AM

That's it. There are no levels to complete, vilains to snipe or bosses to defeat. You eat and you pee.
(dot)

To be helpful: Every game of Maxis deals with either making money, being successful, either by building cities, here you build a career, or a family or keep improoving your house. Usually all of these at the same time. Often, Maxis includes scenarios that give certain challenges, either troublesome kids; or in Sim City, burning cities with disasters. In the Sims there are burglars, job cuts, trash to take out, sleep to sleep, food to eat.

I personnaly have enough of that in real life.

DJMONDY 09-22-04 09:27 AM

It does seem like a good game but.......i just expected it to be different for some reason?!

I liked theme park world which was alot of fun and very easy to pickup and play. Maybe when i spend more time with the sims 2 i will enjoy it as much as theme park world.

Cheers for the help anyway!! :)

ynnek 09-22-04 11:11 AM

To really enjoy the game, you have to "care about" your sims lives.. Like what happens to them, and make "stories" that they live thru..

I kinda lost interrest in the characters I made now, so I'm taking a break from the game.. put down the dolls, and pick up the cars and guns again! lmao

edit: I personally like buildig my own characters.. makes it more involved, since you are there from the beginning.. although you may want to start on a premade chracter if you don't know what your diong.

When I go back to the game, I may get my characters to attept for baby's, and the breed them.. Then I'm thinking it might be time for one of them to grow old.. He's been downing the elixer of life's alot.. heh..

EciDemon 09-22-04 03:38 PM

Here's something funny you can do ... be warned though ;)

I created a sim based on me, he even kind of looked like me. Same birth sign and so on.
Then what happens when "I" move in to my new house, other sims come and visit, the girls insult me and I lose my job. And thats not too far from my IRL life, thats scary ;)

DaveW 09-22-04 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daneel Olivaw
That's it. There are no levels to complete, vilains to snipe or bosses to defeat. You eat and you pee.

Yeah, its basically playing with dolls, but with animated bodily functions.

-=DVS=- 09-23-04 12:22 AM

I tried to create sim based on me , it ended up beeing gay , with no cash and no family that freaked me out :wtf:

DJMONDY 09-23-04 02:38 AM

I played the sims2 for ages lastnight.

So far im enjoying it!! :)

ynnek 09-23-04 02:04 PM

lmao!

Did you micromange? or did you just let it do whatever?

I always micromanage my sims.. esle they never get anything accomplished.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=DVS=-
I tried to create sim based on me , it ended up beeing gay , with no cash and no family that freaked me out :wtf:

LiquidX 09-23-04 05:42 PM

Can you have Sims that are bad? For example that kill or rob another Sims or even cheat on your Sim mate. Also can your Sim grow and age?

ynnek 09-23-04 07:11 PM

I don't think you can kill, but youi can argue and fight.. my lead sim took the criminal career path, so probably as close as you cang et with stealing

relationships, you can do whatever you want. just don't get caught.. ;)

yes sims can grow old and age. from a baby to an elder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidX
Can you have Sims that are bad? For example that kill or rob another Sims or even cheat on your Sim mate. Also can your Sim grow and age?