nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37328)

Arioch 09-23-04 12:38 PM

Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

Well I went ahead and prepaid for my copy of the World of Warcraft Collector's Edition at EBgames today. I also added the strategy guide mainly for the maps even though I know it will start to get outdated as the game moves along. I got a discount on the guide but even then it still came out to $103.90 after tax for everything.

Now I just wish the game would hurry up and come out. Has anyone else already at least prepaid for the game yet?

Here is what comes in the Collector's Edition:

The full game on both CD-ROM and DVD-ROM
One-month subscription to World of Warcraft
The Art of World of Warcraft, 200+ page hardcover art book
World of Warcraft Behind-the-Scenes DVD
Exclusive in-game pet
Official soundtrack
Cloth map charting the continents of Kalimdor, Azeroth, Khaz Modan, and Lordaeron
Signed Collector's Edition game manual
10-Day Free Guest Pass - invite one of your friends to join the epic quest

Mr. Hunt 09-23-04 01:05 PM

Re: Prepaid for WoW Collector's Edition - Now the wait.

It comes with both the DVD and CD versions? Why would they do something so pointless? :\

Arioch 09-23-04 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
It comes with both the DVD and CD versions? Why would they do something so pointless? :\

Because there are still people that do not have DVD players in their PC and want the Collector's edition and those of us that do will be able to use only one disc to install the game. That's actually a smart decision on their end if you ask me.

Mr. Hunt 09-23-04 01:40 PM

No. Smarter would be to release two versions... one for DVD and one for CD. I just think it is a really dumb decision to put both there unless they both come with individual CD Keys :\.

datamage 09-23-04 02:14 PM

Quote:

No. Smarter would be to release two versions... one for DVD and one for CD. I just think it is a really dumb decision to put both there unless they both come with individual CD Keys :\.
How does it hurt you to have both discs? Why would you care that they packaged both? It doesn't matter.

- D.

Ninjaman09 09-23-04 02:14 PM

Why? You're getting two mediums for the price of one, what's the problem? Good move on their part IMO. What difference would the number of CD Keys make?

Ghostguy 09-23-04 05:02 PM

I preordered it last week. I have a bud who is an asst. manager @gamestop. I also pre-ordered a Nintendo DS (nov 21) which is for boredom at work (I drive a bus and have lotsa time off midday).

ynnek 09-23-04 11:00 PM

dang.. Did you pay the whole $100 already?

Usually on preorders, i just pay $5, just to make sure I have a copy reserved for me when ti comes out...

Arioch 09-24-04 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynnek
dang.. Did you pay the whole $100 already?

Usually on preorders, i just pay $5, just to make sure I have a copy reserved for me when ti comes out...

I paid it all because with the cutback on hours at work right now I wanted to be sure I had it paid for already in case I was broke when it was about to ship. I also wanted to be guaranteed that I got this thing since I remembers ome people waited too long to act on buying the UT2K4 DVD edition and missed out on it.

nVidi0t 09-24-04 02:23 PM

w00t!! Ordering mine now.

nVidi0t 09-24-04 02:30 PM

Hmm, I wonder how long these will be in stock. I dont have the $80 to spare ATM. I just dont want these fuggers to tun out!!

ynnek 09-24-04 04:19 PM

If you put down $5, you should be guaranteed to get a copy... at least thats what game stores SHOULD be doing.

I'm not a believer of putting more than $5 down on a preorder.... I can understand putting down a small amount to make sure your serious about buying a game (store doesn't want 1000 people signing up for a game, and get 1000 copies in, but only to find out 20 people were actually serious in buying it) But, I can manage to hold my money myself, thank you....