nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My run-in with a console boy (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37368)

aAv7 09-23-04 10:04 PM

My run-in with a console boy

So I walk into a GameCrazy tonight to buy Fable....it's that VERY rare occasion where a console game interests me . Theres a guy in the place playing Star Wars Battle Front for xbox...we start chatting while my game is being rung up, I tell him I almost bought it for PC but it got bad reviews....he goes "ah pc sucks anyways...xbox has twice the power of a PC" The guy working at the store jumps in " well I dunno if it's that powerful, but xbox is def. superior to pc's at this moment" .....I almost wanted to get my money back for hearing such stupidity....the fiance rolled her eyes cause she knew it was about to go down lol. I respond " well yknow pc does have much higher resolution...you have aa/af to smooth things out and help with detail... Xbox carries a 733mhz cpu...while the best PC cpu right now is a 3800+ equivalent to a 3.8 GHZ cpu. The guy playing responds " Well xbox has just as good resolution...it's ps2 that doesnt" I start saying...no..you dont understand...t.v, unless their hdtv's only have an output of 6....at this point my fiance grabs the game and me and we walk out, when we get to the car she says..."your lucky I love ya so much you nerdy bastard" :angel2: It wasnt that I was trying to out smart them...I just hate the misinformed, they dont realize the power of the PC! heh.....ah well..that was my console boy run-in story....(we'll ignore that I'm a PC boy and strictly flame this guy :) ) Time to see if this Fable game is great or just hype. Evil, evil console....making me cheat onmy gaming rig....dirty, dirty bastard...

Rooster_11 09-23-04 10:36 PM

Re: My run-in with a console boy

uggghh, that really annoys the hell out of me when people are that dense.

-=DVS=- 09-23-04 10:40 PM

World needs all kind of people or else it would be very boreing ;)

XP_GUN 09-23-04 10:41 PM

LoL I love it when i'm looking in frys just to see what video cards thay have at the time and the store people saying that a 5200 256MB was better than a 5900 128MB.

Clay 09-23-04 10:42 PM

I feel your pain ultimate17. Oh do I feel your pain. I want to just jam dishrags in my ears or somthing when I walk into a place like EB. I enjoy browsing their products and all...but OMG the chatter that takes place in there is idiotic enough (just as you described above) that I just want to yell truths at them until they start sobbing in submission as to how pea-brained they are being.

I agree, it's not that I want to go on some self-righteous power trip...it's just frustrating to know that so many people are so clueless. I never say anything. I just gnash my teeth together and try to replay some Simpsons episode in my head to drown out the false prophets. :D

Clay 09-23-04 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XP_GUN
LoL I love it when i'm looking in frys just to see what video cards thay have at the time and the store people saying that a 5200 256MB was better than a 5900 128MB.

Or when one of the employees keeps hounding you with "can I help you?", "aaahh, looking for a vee-dee-oh card for your peee-seee intrarweb workstation?". Ugh. Some guys just act like they want you to give them a piggy back ride around the store while they regale you with their corporate newsletter tip sheet content of the week. (omg)

NAZCA M12 09-23-04 10:56 PM

Heh, i've had this happen to me in the past as well. It's a waste of time to try and teach those ignorants, don't do it. I've stopped long time ago. Instead, i prefer to have fun with them and, for example if he was to say the same BS "xbox has twice the power of a PC", i would respond with a "Nah, last time i heard it was 3 times minimum" or sth at which time he looks at you with a "wtf" sort of expression and says something like "you don't say man, wow". :lol2: From your example it looks like he was one hell of a stubborn mule. I bet that if you were to grab the console and smash it to his head, he would add "see? and it's better built too" :lol2:

saturnotaku 09-23-04 11:02 PM

Which Chicago GameCrazy was that? I'd like to stop in there and have a go at those idiots. :D

Clay 09-23-04 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Which Chicago GameCrazy was that? I'd like to stop in there and have a go at those idiots. :D

You'd make 'em cry like little girls! :D

Omega53 09-23-04 11:45 PM

I wouldve told my wife to go wait in the car lol. I guess thats why Im not married =\. Ive run into a few of those idiots that are convinced an xbox is more powerful than a PC. Some of them were my friends and they believed that until I showed them what my PC could do :D. Of course they were all running 2GHZ celerons and Intel Extreme gfx's :lol2: When they saw what my Pc's are capable of they all imediately starting saving up for new computers :D

MUYA 09-23-04 11:54 PM

I just say to them dudes..pfft whatever...look if they are stupid enough to believe x-box etc are more powerful etc and going to give them the better experience then let them. :D who cares as long as you are fragging/racing/flying/RTS'ing away fine on yer PC with AA and AF and high res with loads of PS effects and high quality textures.....blah blah..blah...blah

u get my drift? ;)

However, I still say Consoles have better fighting. beat em up and wrestling games :D
Actually on the PC they are non existent

bah...i am happy fragging away and being scared at the same in Doom III
:p

Omega53 09-24-04 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA
wrestling games :D
Actually on the PC they are non existent

I remember WWE Raw being released on PC some time ago... Sure it sucked but it counts ;)