nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Co-op gameplay possibilities (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37389)

zoomy942 09-24-04 08:14 AM

Co-op gameplay possibilities

Okay, i am a long time gamer and there is something that has got to stop. i will never try to take away what quake 3 arena did for gaming.. in its intense deathmatch and team play. but game developers need to realize that things are not as they used to be. everyone saw thee success and since then, EVERYTHING has been deathmatch, or capture the flag or something. now, the real fun for me and i am sure, many others, is in cooperative play. imagine doom 3 or far cry with you and a few friends completing objectives? how fun would that be? i know there are mods for games out there, but those mods arent the original levels and its just not the same. imagine a whole thief 3 game with you with someone else? this is just me ranmting adn raving, cause now quake is coming out, which is going to be great, but comeone... i am tired of capture the flag. sorry for the ranting guys, i just run a Lan party for my air force base every 6 weeks and people alwasy ask me about coop games..

majortom 09-24-04 09:12 AM

Re: Co-op gameplay possibilities

I Would Kill For Coop For Halo (pc)!!!!!!!!!

Riptide 09-24-04 09:13 AM

Absolutely. No coop in Halo was a major disappointment.

zoomy942 09-24-04 11:44 AM

no coop in doom 3 on the pc sucks to. why does xbox get the goods? and rainbow six does have coop, and its fun, but it just shows you how much potential ANY game with coop can have!

EciDemon 09-24-04 12:21 PM

Me and my friends usually play some Serious sam SE when we get togeter and play games. Thats fun :)

zoomy942 09-24-04 12:23 PM

it makes me sad that we can count all the coop games on one hand.

aaahhh52 09-24-04 02:04 PM

yes i know i absolutely love coop games, anybody know if you can Play Rome Total War coop? not like the campaing mode but just random battles, like you and a friends army against AI armies, me and my friend love playing CNC generals zero hour coop, ah the greatness of coop

ragejg 09-24-04 02:08 PM

Another vote for SS:SE :D

zoomy942 09-24-04 02:21 PM

i will say that SS:SE is really fun with friends, but some of the more story oriented games need to be coop. imagine, if one person had to hit a switch at one time, and the other person had to run in the door that was opened by that switch and deactivate something.... how cool would that be?

nVidi0t 09-24-04 02:29 PM

Serious Sam, Rainbow Six (any), Operation Flashpoint, Warcraft 3, Generals, Red Alert 2, Battlefield 1942/Vietnam and Vietcong are all VERY cool for co-op.

karkrash81 09-24-04 02:58 PM

Don't forget No One Lives Forever 2!!!!!

zoomy942 09-24-04 04:19 PM

but the coop should be with the objectives of the single player campaign.