nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Any1 play(ed) Star Wars: Kinghts of the Old Republic? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37465)

aAv7 09-25-04 03:13 PM

Any1 play(ed) Star Wars: Kinghts of the Old Republic?

I can pick this up new for $19.99. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, although I do like the storm troopers costumes heh. My question is...is it any good? I've been playing Fable...but the fiance ended up taking over the xbox and this game...and well...anytime I can get her into a game, I let her have her fun...then I get less guff when I buy more of them =) Fable is really fun, so I'm looking for a game similar to it...KOTOR seems to be perfect...that rpg freedom type of game play. So is it fun? Are there any good mods for it? Does it need any serious patching? And for anyone with a 6800GT...how's it run? I'm hoping I can do 1280X1024 w 4xaa/8xaf....

Oh and by the way..just out of curiosity...does the game have any storm troopers or boba fett? I like those two funny little bastid's =)

ynnek 09-25-04 03:18 PM

Re: Any1 play(ed) Star Wars: Kinghts of the Old Republic?

Its been a while since I played it.. All I remember is, the beginnign starts off kinda slow and a little hard actually (well at least for my Scoundrel).. but once I got off the first planet the game really picked up, and so did my character.. I really enjoyed the game.. It has a very distinct Bioware flavor to it..

GamerGuyX 09-25-04 03:25 PM

Dude, just read a review of the game. Even better. Just check its score on Gamerankings.com.

Oh, and BTW: Star Wars -Knights of the Old Republic got like 50 game of the year awards.

BioHazZarD 09-25-04 03:27 PM

its a must really.

SH64 09-25-04 03:32 PM

I played the game twice .

note : i dont play a game twice unless its really great ! ;)

Omega53 09-25-04 03:43 PM

It was alright for me, I didnt finish it cause I got bored. Im not much of an RPG fan tho so if you like RPG's Im sure you will like it cause it kept me mildly entertained which says a lot for these types of games.

karkrash81 09-25-04 11:15 PM

no storm troopers or boba fett i'm afraid

but honestly, the game was like a drug...i was addicted once i started...consider yourself warned...:)

really good game...

superklye 09-25-04 11:31 PM

I really don't care for Star Wars at all and this is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Go forth and purchase!

anzak 09-25-04 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karkrash81
but honestly, the game was like a drug...i was addicted once i started...consider yourself warned

Wow, so true. For the better part of a week all I did was play KOTOR and drink pepsi. I've finished the game on both the light and dark side and must say it was one one of the most engrossing games I have ever played. The small subplots and character development is what makes it so great IMO.

nVidi0t 09-26-04 01:56 AM

It's a brilliant game. I've still been meaning to play through it again on the Light Side. I basically just killed everyone playing the first time. I got some nice facial tatoos because of my dark side alignment though.

Diamond_G 09-26-04 05:01 AM

this game is quite fun, if it wasn't for me being at work i would be playing it now...

wickfut 09-26-04 06:17 AM

yeah i have just reinstalled it to play again because its a great game tho i cant be bothered with the first few levels until i become a jedi -does anyone have a game save until i get to jedi training? :)