nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   my email is banned? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37647)

[theforce] 09-28-04 01:54 PM

my email is banned?

never been on this site b4, i post more on the guru3d forums. but ive been having some issues with linux and my 6800GT and these seem to be the only forum i havent asked about it lol so i go here from the nvidia.com link, so anyway when i tried to registered my name at the last step it said.

Quote:

your email has been banned from this forum, ask an administrator
so how can my email be banned when i have never been here b4?

vampireuk 09-28-04 01:58 PM

Re: my email is banned?

What is your email address?

Clay 09-28-04 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [theforce]
never been on this site b4, i post more on the guru3d forums. but ive been having some issues with linux and my 6800GT and these seem to be the only forum i havent asked about it lol so i go here from the nvidia.com link, so anyway when i tried to registered my name at the last step it said.

so how can my email be banned when i have never been here b4?

Send me or MikeC a PM with your email address.

SH64 09-28-04 03:19 PM

You must be using one of them public e-mail accounts like Yahoo or Hotmail . too bad these accounts automaticlly get banned when registering for a websites forums or something .
most forums are doing this which make it hard for people with no personal accounts to join in .

vampireuk 09-28-04 03:31 PM

It is needed though, there has been a huge reduction in the number of idiots registering here since we did that.

[theforce] 09-28-04 03:43 PM

if thats the case then everything is ok. i was just wondering. but still if someone wants to register they will do what i did, just get another email and forward to their regular email.

Riptide 09-28-04 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampireuk
It is needed though, there has been a huge reduction in the number of idiots registering here since we did that.

One bad apple spoils the bunch eh? :)

vampireuk 09-28-04 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide
One bad apple spoils the bunch eh? :)

That is kind of the case, just make it several bad apples that roll back into the pile constantly :D

-=DVS=- 09-28-04 07:31 PM

How about old members who still use Hotmail emails ? :eek:

DaveW 09-28-04 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=DVS=-
How about old members who still use Hotmail emails ? :eek:

Yeah, I would be one of them too.

MikeC 09-28-04 08:04 PM

It doesn't affect members already registered just new members trying to register with a hotmail account.

NightFire 09-28-04 08:36 PM

Edit: Sorry, once again, a poorly worded post. Very sorry for any anger/confusion it may have caused.
:(