nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What The...? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37721)

majortom 09-29-04 01:59 PM

What The...?

read this on planethalflife:

Quote:

Standard Edition - includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man).
Collector's Edition includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirt and a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.
am i reading this right? halflife 1 in source? COOOOL! :nanahump:

superklye 09-29-04 02:01 PM

Re: What The...?

yeah...they've been talking about that for a long time. They ported the original game over to the new engine.

XP_GUN 09-29-04 02:03 PM

So is half life 1 redone, reskined, looks great etc?

superklye 09-29-04 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XP_GUN
So is half life 1 redone, reskined, looks great etc?

I would assume so, since it's a new engine and all.

|JuiceZ| 09-29-04 02:14 PM

(welcome)

Sry, couldn't resist, love that smilie :p

GamerGuyX 09-29-04 02:22 PM

Here is another for good measure:

(welcome)

jolle 09-29-04 02:24 PM

Dont think there is any "reskinning"..
maybe the models, but the maps seems to be pretty much the same, perhaps they have associated a few shaders with the original textures, like the water looks flashy in HL: source.
dunno for sure tho..

there were a few screens in circulation not too long ago, am however far too lazy to look em up atm.

Edge 09-29-04 03:18 PM

Welcome to last week? More like last year :p

But yeah, HL: Source look kinda cool. I'm not totally sure, but it looks like the models and skins are mostly redone, and it also has the physics and certain effects (such as water) that goes with the Source engine. Can't wait to see the ragdoll deaths of enemies in certain situations, wonder if you can push the bodies off that one cliff level. The maps will probably be exactly the same though (maybe a few new surface effects and redone textures), it looks like they simply converted the HL1 maps to Source. I'm expecting it to be pretty neat, though I consider it to be more of a distraction from Half-life 2. Actually now that I think of it...will HL:Source have any multiplayer modes? I'd love to play Crossfire and Undertow in the Source engine :D .

BTW, anyone else heard that they're also making a DoD: Source? Apperently it's only planned to be included with the "Gold" edition Steam download, though it wouldn't suprise me if it becomes a standard feature/mod for all versions of HL2 like CS:Source has. I mean, how many people would be playing it if it's only availible in the most expensive package?

Fatman 09-29-04 03:39 PM

I can't wait for DoD Source. Nades are going to be so much cooler. Maybe even the piat/bazooka/panzerfaust will become more realistic.

majortom 09-29-04 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingLordX
Here is another for good measure:

(welcome)

that reminds me: they should remake counter strike with the source engine!

Edge 09-29-04 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majortom

Urge to flame...rising...rising...:flame:

GamerGuyX 09-29-04 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majortom

:rofl