nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Happy Anniversary Half-Life 2 Release Date! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37784)

jAkUp 09-30-04 03:03 AM

Happy Anniversary Half-Life 2 Release Date!

http://img82.exs.cx/img82/7214/w00t5.jpg

365 days ago we were led to believe Half-Life 2 would come out. 31,536,000 seconds ago Gabe Newell told us that Half-Life 2 would be here. Guess not.

Thats ok though, if anyone can recall the first Half-Life was also delayed a full year, and nobody cares anymore. One of the greatest games of all times is worth the extra wait. The wait is hard, but trust me, if its a kickass game (which I'm nearly positive it will be) everyone will forget about this whole ordeal. It seems as if.. (finally) the release date is near.

Me... I'm not nearly as hyped about it as I was 1 year ago. Hopefully they release some new media or something to get my engines going. I'm still looking forward to it's release, but not nearly as much as I was before. Am I alone here? What is everyones thoughts?

Anyone remember these?
Part I
Part II

CaptNKILL 09-30-04 03:11 AM

Re: Happy Anniversary Half-Life 2 Release Date!

Yeah, im not anywhere near as hyped as I was last year.

Still want to play it though. I think the good part will be that NOW instead of having to blow $400 on a video card that still cant run the game really fast at high settings (where we were last year), now we have the 6800s and x800s that can probably run the game at maximum settings perfectly fine (judging by last years benchmark scores on hardware thats about half the speed of current hardware).

Straight up action games dont seem as interesting to me right now as they used to... Doom 3 was 100% action and not much else, so I really need something else. Oblivion, STALKER, Flatout... something along those lines. We'll see how HL2 turns out.

BTW, Ill buy HL2 in a second if CS:Source, HL:Source and DoD:Source are all free downloads (which they damn well should be since they are all old games with new graphics). If not I might wait for it to get cheaper, or split the price with someone and copy it :|

Mr. Hunt 09-30-04 03:34 AM

Yeah... I remember stupidly thinking "I believe it will come out... I DO!"... man was I an idiot last year lol :\.

Arioch 09-30-04 04:11 AM

LOL - you are freaking crazy jAkUp. I think the radiation from your CRT monitor is doing something to you!

Good point though - I was thinking about that BS release date when September first came up this year.

PaiN 09-30-04 07:52 AM

I remember in August of "03" I finished yet another :rolleyes: big system \ video \ sound upgrade and I was thinking...wheww, just in time for HL2 and Doom3....how naive' of me :D....
Whatever that August "03" setup was its completely gone now...but on a good note I'm almost positive I'll be playing HL2 on this one.......

Edge 09-30-04 11:20 AM

Heh, hard to believe it's been a full year already. Go figure that NOW the game finally appears to be done, maybe for it's 1 year aniversery they'll announce it's gone gold :D

Riptide 09-30-04 12:15 PM

I hate to admit it but I'm still looking forward to this game. :)

I have tried to keep my anticipation level down though, despite all this preload nonsense. I'm guessing it'll be around december that we see the game finally out there to buy.

BTW jAkUp, who is that hotty in the first post @ the beginning of this thread? You must have like a photo albumn of this girl, she seems familiar somehow.

aAv7 09-30-04 12:16 PM

Last year I would have slept outside the night before release to get this game....now....eh...i'll wait till the friday after it's release and get it at circuit city for $10 bucks less than everyone else. I'll still buy and play it....but the hype is dead. ( Course I'm also thinking of ordering through steam)

Vash 09-30-04 12:21 PM

Nice thread/graphic, jakUp. :lol:

I'm still looking forward to this game, but I ain't nearly as psyched as I was last year. I fully expect HL2 to be a great game, but as far as the Hype-O-Meter goes, I'm concentrating heavily on Halo 2.

Here's hoping it turns out to be what it should. I've got 3 major releases coming in the next 2 months; between Half-Life 2, Halo 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3, I'm going to have all my free time tied up.

Mr. Hunt 09-30-04 01:12 PM

That... my friends... is Vida Guerra.

Unless... you were talking about Gabe Newell... which I HOPE not :).

saturnotaku 09-30-04 01:27 PM

I'm still really looking forward to HL2, but naturally not nearly as much as last year. I'm actually more excited about getting Half-Life 1: Source. I'm going to play that first before I fire up HL2. :D

jbirney 09-30-04 01:34 PM

I would gonna to chime in but after staring at the pic of the lady in Jakup's post....

its all good :P

more pics/post like that please!!!!!