nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Quake Iv? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37813)

Eltigre88 09-30-04 02:00 PM

Quake Iv?

I have the PC gamer mag but have not had a chance to look at it. So is Quake 4 going to rock or what?

aAv7 09-30-04 02:05 PM

Re: Quake Iv?

Looks ok...but you cant judge a game by pics...hopefully it will be as fun as Quake 2....it takes places hours after q2's story.

S.I.N 09-30-04 02:07 PM

Yes, many here have went into the future and played it but where under NDA. :angel2:

Eltigre88 10-02-04 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.I.N
Yes, many here have went into the future and played it but where under NDA. :angel2:

Smartass! I was just curious as to what people have read.

jAkUp 10-02-04 10:05 AM

Looked very similar to doom3... dark etc. :)

|MaguS| 10-02-04 10:20 AM

Hopefully it wont be just a mod for Doom 3 and actually have lights and play like Quake...

Woodelf 10-02-04 02:53 PM

They claim that it will be more of an action game instead of horror/action like doom 3. It's definately going to be a hot game, but more like quake 2 than 3 since it's singleplayer (+ multiplayer).

Doom_Machine 10-03-04 03:27 PM

since doom3 sucked as far as most boring level design then no way this game could be worse, i just hope the ally team A.I. is smarter than my toaster oven, i'm intersted to see how large and detailed of outdoor enviro's the engine is really capable of

does anyone know where or what the doom3 engine specs are compared to x-ray and crytek?

Intel17 10-03-04 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doom_Machine
since doom3 sucked as far as most boring level design then no way this game could be worse, i just hope the ally team A.I. is smarter than my toaster oven, i'm intersted to see how large and detailed of outdoor enviro's the engine is really capable of

does anyone know where or what the doom3 engine specs are compared to x-ray and crytek?

The Engine blows away cryengine and X-ray.

theultimo 10-03-04 07:25 PM

PC Gamer preview looks like it will be a Q2 killer....

And multi like QIII :)

But the pictures i've seen, its not a majorly "dark" game like D3. More run + gunish.

|MaguS| 10-03-04 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intel17
The Engine blows away cryengine and X-ray.

I don't think it does, The Doom 3 engine just looks like an advance form of Quake 3 with better Texture and Lighting. It really doesn't look like it has much for features. Unless it takes advantage of OpenGL 2.0 and uses some of its features its far behind the new Direct 9x engines.

Seoulstriker 10-03-04 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egbtmagus
I don't think it does, The Doom 3 engine just looks like an advance form of Quake 3 with better Texture and Lighting. It really doesn't look like it has much for features. Unless it takes advantage of OpenGL 2.0 and uses some of its features its far behind the new Direct 9x engines.

Unified lighting and shadowing? :drooling: