nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Unreal Engine 4 ideas? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37992)

Intel17 10-03-04 07:52 AM

Unreal Engine 4 ideas?

Hey guys!

With Unreal Engine 3 looking about as good as a prerendered movie, what do you think Unreal Engine 4 will bring to the table?

|MaguS| 10-03-04 08:33 AM

Re: Unreal Engine 4 ideas?

IF there is one, it probably will look alittle better, maybe closer to life like but I don't see life like being that soon, or atleast done before UE4 and done by SquareEnix (Thier prerendered are already there, just need a powerful enough hardware to do it in realtime).

Omega53 10-03-04 09:21 AM

I think around the year 2010 is when we will start seeing life like engines. Its hard to say what UE4 would looking like as we dont know when its coming out. But expect things to accelerate very fast. Look at gfx 6 years ago and look at it today. Imagine a jump that big in another 6 years ;).

Intel17 10-03-04 10:09 AM

I mean look at the difference between UE2 and UE3. I bet that UE4 will be abosolutely amazing :)

Tim Sweeney+crew=pwnage

Gaco 10-03-04 01:41 PM

Well I just hope that we will soon be moving away from the 1024*768 resolution, that of cause also means the death 800*600. I simply can't stand it when people are running in so low resolutions, so I just think we should slow a little bit down and perhaps consider how we could give better image quality in the form of higher resolutions. With Unreal Engine 3.0 we will have very high quality models, textures and mesh. What we need is higher resolutinos all around in order give some better depth-perception, colors and overall image fidelity.
I could be wring, but thats just my immediate opinion :)

mrrolf 10-03-04 03:29 PM

Most new engines are improving their lighting system. It looks like UE3 has added a couple more things to its lighting system… like soft shadows. One thing that’s still missing is indirect illumination. This can either come as radiosity (probably the easier, but less correct way) or some type of photon mapping. These techniques are pretty costly, so we might not see them in UE4.

Hopefully we can get better texture LODs. It would be amazing to walk all the way up against a wall, and still have rediculous texture resolution.

|JuiceZ| 10-03-04 05:14 PM

LOL! We ain't even really seen what UE3 can do yet & you're already talking about UE4?! :p

Intel17 10-03-04 05:24 PM

Well Unreal Engine 3 is finished though...

kev13dd 10-03-04 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intel17
Well Unreal Engine 3 is finished though...

Huh? Oh I get it. They are just not releasing it till 2006, because they wanna see what the competition puts out first. Ya. Must be it

:lame:

The Untreal 3 Engine isn't done yet. If you are thinking it's cuase of the demo they played at E3 you are way off. Look how long ago the first Doom 3 preview was released compared to when the actual thing came out. Get your facts straight

K

Intel17 10-03-04 05:51 PM

There has to be a game built on it too you know...

They're working on the GAME now. The ENGINE is done.

theultimo 10-03-04 07:18 PM

So the Source's engine was done even though they wre working on HL2 right?

:screwy:

Intel17 10-03-04 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theultimo
So the Source's engine was done even though they wre working on HL2 right?

:screwy:

Yes, the Source engine was done...then the rest of the dev time was devoted to the actual game content.