nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   CS: Source Release Today? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38063)

jAkUp 10-04-04 03:26 PM

CS: Source Release Today?

Check it out....

http://www.gaminggroove.com/newsitem.php?id=606

ynnek 10-04-04 03:43 PM

Re: CS: Source Release Today?

No official word.. The closest thing to an official word is the package sticky, made by a moderator on the steamforums, that seems to be copied from another announcement somewhere else. however, its not on the steampowered front page itself.

So I'm not holding my breath.

aAv7 10-04-04 03:49 PM

Well if this is true, that means they figured out the pricing for each edition as well. Can't have people pre-order with a "?" regarding the price.

This seems alittle odd...valve usually comments on releases...like when the CS:Source Beta arrived (after a week of delays heh) I would think their would be an official statement by them if this was true. But maybe they will go through with it. :::crosses fingers:::

I was thinking, for those that order the package with HL1 and DOD Source, why can't they make those available as well. =/ I mean maybe not HL1 because of ownership/lega reasons...but DOD is just like CS, a mod ....I don't see why this can't be available upon pre-order as well. It would really help push steam sales.

GlowStick 10-04-04 09:35 PM

It would be nice, however valve would have to make sure they get paied first, so i dont think they will unless they make cs: source a seprate purchase.

jAkUp 10-05-04 12:16 AM

Guess the release wasn't today :(

theultimo 10-05-04 03:48 AM

Shucks, was all ready to give valve $$$

six_storm 10-05-04 10:05 AM

I'm still debating whether or not I should go ahead and pay for HL2 just to play CS:S. The only thing that is holding me back from doing it is the fact that I'm going to wind up paying so much money and HL2 won't be released until next year. That's the only thing I'm scared of. Is anyone here going to go ahead and pay for HL2 this week?

Ninjaman09 10-05-04 10:17 AM

Not before a gold announcement.

aAv7 10-05-04 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm
I'm still debating whether or not I should go ahead and pay for HL2 just to play CS:S. The only thing that is holding me back from doing it is the fact that I'm going to wind up paying so much money and HL2 won't be released until next year. That's the only thing I'm scared of. Is anyone here going to go ahead and pay for HL2 this week?

Basically, you have to ask yourself....is CS: Source worth $59.99, cause no one really knows when HL2 will be shipped. Could be in a month, could be in six.

jAkUp 10-05-04 11:32 AM

Well the games been reviewed... so its basically done. I really doubt valve would have magazines review a beta. They want the best score for their game. It shouldn't be much longer before we hear a gold. They want their money just as much as we want their game.

Phoking 10-05-04 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Not before a gold announcement.

actually..

"The Half-Life 2 offers have been finalized. Details are pasted below. The Steam offers will be available for purchase next week. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release."

This was posted last week on HL Fallout so CS:Source should at least be out sometime this week. It also had info on the different steam packages and the Standard/Collectors edition retail boxes.

Link

six_storm 10-05-04 11:39 AM

Well, jakUp, that's true. I'll probably wait a couple of weeks and see if Valve or VV puts out any big news about the game. I do wanna try out CS:S though . . .