nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tribes: Vengeance Ships / Releases Today! | Feedback (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38132)

|JuiceZ| 10-05-04 12:41 PM

Tribes: Vengeance Ships / Releases Today! | Feedback

If any of you guys who posted in the mplayer demo thread were lucky enough to get a copy today letís hear it?! Most of my local gaming outlets said to either call back in the afternoon after their shipments come in or just wait until tomorrow to hit the shelves.

Absolutely cannot wait! Havenít really enjoyed playing a demo or anticipated a game this much since UT99. The last several days at my place have been usually spent hitting the bed between 2 & 5AM. The addition of the grapple brings back the nostalgia of playing q2 ctf over 56K w/ 200ms ping times back in the mid-late 90ís :p Speaking of T:V, also looking fwd to the sponsored Starsiege:Tribes (mech) mod being developed on the new engine :cool:

Reaper106 10-05-04 06:59 PM

Re: Tribes: Vengeance Ships / Releases Today! | Feedback

Been a Tribes player since day 1, I cant wait for this game. Should have it on the 6th since i paid $10 for overnite shipping. will report back soon as its in my hands. :firedevil

Da Alians 10-05-04 08:35 PM

i..didnt care for the new demo that much

aAv7 10-05-04 08:57 PM

yea..seemed like a bad rip-off of ut2k4....

|JuiceZ| 10-05-04 10:01 PM

Tribes is a love or hate game. Most tribes 1 players will love T:V because it brings back the original gameplay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimate17
yea..seemed like a bad rip-off of ut2k4....

It feels extremely much like UT2K4 because its built off the Unreal Engine ;)

Nv40 10-06-04 12:58 AM

have not seeing Tribes :vengeance yet.. only pictures ,but im not terrible interested in it. im very disappointed that the Original developers were fired by Sierra ,and all that talent went to other games.. Planetsides is one..if im not mistaken Tribes :V is done entirely by other developers .. and using the Unreal engine. the screenshots i have seen look like an Unrealt2004 mod. :( here is the comments from a die hard tribes player here since the original one. loved first two.. but have the believe that the real game ended with the breakup of Dynamix. i will be looking for feedback here of original tribes players ,those that really knows how good was that game. Fun and teamplay was invented by Dynamix. before that every thing that move shoters and rpgs. :)

Xav 10-06-04 03:14 AM

Well if it helps I bought Tribes 1 and 2 the day they hit the shelves and with that said, I'm totally loving T:V!

The odd thing is..as much as I love the Unreal Universe and U1/UT..I don't ever play UT2K4 due to the fact that I don't find it fun.

I've been hooked on T:V since beta and have played it almost every night for the last month or so...still not tired of those first 4 maps lol.

Also, I'm having Q2 flashbacks due to that grappling hook and that is "a good thing". :)

Brings back the feeling of the old Voodoo glory days with my trusty P166.

Arioch 10-06-04 04:12 AM

This game just seemed watered down from the previous Tribes titles and feels more like a Unreal Tournament game that Tribes - I think I will pass unless the retail game turns out to be more than I saw in the beta.

adv1 10-06-04 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arioch
This game just seemed watered down from the previous Tribes titles and feels more like a Unreal Tournament game that Tribes - I think I will pass unless the retail game turns out to be more than I saw in the beta.

Yeah sadly this is how I feel as well, as a big fan of Tribes 2 I was really looking forward to Vengeance but from the demos it does just feel like a watered down version in all but the graphics quality, so I can't really see any reason to buy it. :(

In some ways it feels like an Unreal Tournament game, but in that case I think it's better to stick with playing the superior UT2004.

Maybe there should have been more focus on making some really impressive multiplayer gamemodes (with bot support for offline matches), rather than a singleplayer story that most players probably aren't all that bothered about?

|JuiceZ| 10-06-04 08:07 AM

I bought both Tribes 1 & 2 when they both came out. Tribes 2 IMO was garbage and was no where near a worthy successor to the original when it came to gameplay. I'm thinking the reason why I enjoy playing T:V so much is because of how much it feels like UT2K4 & being an advid UT player, its extremely easy to switch between the two..

btw, Arioch you should give the demo a try before completely deciding. I found it quite solid over the beta.

Reaper106 10-06-04 09:25 AM

Tribes 1 was the BEST!!!, I think the reasone Tribes 2 missed the mark was its maps. The tribes 1 feel was there. without the AWESOME maps. I bought both the day they came out also JuiceZ :) Although i was sad when Dynamix bit the dust. I belive Tribes can live on and be as great as ever. By just watching the movies I can tell they have captured the Tribes spirit already...

Sooooooooo, in closing... All that stand against the mighty Blood Eagle.. Prepare to DIE!!!!!!!!!! :firedevil

ohh ya and since there is what seems to be a good start of fans in here already, lets start an NVNEWS Tribes clan.....

Whos in?????????

Reaper106 10-06-04 09:30 AM

Oh guys, be aware that patch 1.1 is available for download and is required for online play :firedevil