nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Survive lifes worst disasters... in a game???!!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38199)

jAkUp 10-06-04 10:21 AM

Survive lifes worst disasters... in a game???!!!

Hmmmmm... Not a remake of the lame TV Series... but interesting idea.. Dunno how making 9/11 over in a game will go with some people...

http://www.replaystudios.de/survivor

Quote:

Phil mentions this game in his latest blog but I feel the need to put it in the main-stream news section. The recently announced life-and-death sim called Survivor has a lot of people talking... No, it's not a reality show, it's a game being developed by Replay Studios that slaps you right in the middle of the 20th and 21st centuries most horrific events. In the "White Papers" the developers list a few scenarios that might be included: 9/11, Titanic, Hiroshima, and they also list as possible, a plane crash, Pearl Harbor and a few others. Looking around the internet this game is causing quite a stir, I'm not going to comment on it, I'll let you be the judge.

Gaco 10-06-04 10:34 AM

Re: Survive lifes worst disasters... in a game???!!!

Crazy stuff... If realized properbly, it could be cool, but coming out for not only the PC but ALSO PS2 and Gamecube makes me worry...

Reaper106 10-06-04 11:03 AM

As long as the Dev's aproach the game with some taste, Alot of games have touched these subjects with taste and yet managed to pull of an extreme action game and at the same time a game with some educational points. Although I am not sure about playing a game based on 9/11 would be something i would care to do. touchy stuff to say the least :firedevil

karkrash81 10-06-04 11:09 AM

personally i feel there are some subjects better left alone...

the titanic, and hiroshima might be okay but i wouldn't touch 9-11 since it was so recent... pearl harbor might be cool, but isn't pacific assault already doing that?

in my opinion there are some things that should be left alone, terrorism and the Holocaust should never be made into games... i don't think it could be done tasteful no matter what...

majortom 10-06-04 11:26 AM

not cool. definitely bad taste.

Edge 10-06-04 12:11 PM

Crazy idea, but I don't think it will work that well. I mean seriously, do people honestly WANT to live the 9/11 attacks as a victim? It would be like playing a Jewish prisoner in a Nazi death camp. I remember hearing an idea for a mod/game based around the 9/11 attack, but I'm not sure if that was a different project or if it evolved into this. I guess it gets points for trying to do something realisticly, but that's about it.

karkrash81 10-06-04 12:48 PM

no matter how tastefully it could be done, it would still be seen as a way of cashing in on one of america's greatest tragedies. i think a game on the holocaust would be even worse than one about 9-11...

monly 10-06-04 01:11 PM

who wants to start putting odds on which countrys will ban this game?

vampireuk 10-06-04 01:32 PM

I wouldn't play it

Gaco 10-06-04 01:45 PM

This actually reminds me of the movie called "Thrill Seekers", where people from the future travelled back through time to places where big disasters happend, then teleported back just in time, so they didn't have to die also :)

Pandora's Box 10-06-04 01:48 PM

hmm. one of the scenarios:
1945: Hiroshima

how do you survive that?

mrrolf 10-06-04 02:03 PM

Quote:

how do you survive that?
I guess you start playing 3 hours before the bomb drops... and all you can do is run in a straight line away from downtown. sounds exciting (ack)