nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Who will buy Half Life 2 on Steam or DVD? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38229)

AthlonXP1800 10-06-04 07:04 PM

Who will buy Half Life 2 on Steam or DVD?

Half-Life 2 Steam Offers Ready Thursday

It hard for me to decide whether or not to cancel Half Life 2 DVD pre-order as the DVD contain just Half Life 2 and CounterStrike: Source, no Half Life: Source that I want to play deathmatch, I am sure it will have all new deathmatch Source maps.

I felt I have to cancel my pre-order and get Silver package. I am about to order a Pioneer 108 DVD writer so that I can burn all Half Life 2 pre-load images into DVD and restore it later rather than redownload it all over again after format the hard drive. :D

SH64 10-06-04 07:11 PM

Re: Who will buy Half Life 2 on Steam or DVD?

Errr .. wheres the Steam option ??

i'm going to get it from Steam because i still have the voucher & i wanna make a good use out of it ! :p

Woodelf 10-06-04 07:14 PM

One things for sure, I wont be buying it untill it's released.
I would like to get it on DVD and have half life source. So I figure that I'll get it which ever way includes it. I own half life, so I think it should be included as an upgrade on the DVD.

Omega53 10-06-04 07:15 PM

Gold edition here.

AthlonXP1800 10-06-04 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64
Errr .. wheres the Steam option ??

i'm going to get it from Steam because i still have the voucher & i wanna make a good use out of it ! :p

Steam options is Bronze, Silver and Gold, your voucher will convert it into Bronze that you will have Half Life 2 and CounterStrike: Source. :)

SH64 10-06-04 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800
Steam options is Bronze, Silver and Gold, your voucher will convert it into Bronze that you will have Half Life 2 and CounterStrike: Source. :)

I see .. & thats what i voted for ! :)

i'd like to have the original HL:S though ! .. :|

GamerGuyX 10-06-04 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800

It hard for me to decide whether or not to cancel Half Life 2 DVD pre-order as the DVD contain just Half Life 2 and CounterStrike: Source, no Half Life: Source that I want to play deathmatch, I am sure it will have all new deathmatch Source maps.

I thought that Half-Life: Source was just going to be the single-player portion. I didn't know they were also re-doing the multiplayer part of it.

Banko 10-06-04 07:39 PM

I'm sorry but I will not spend 50 dollars on steam, it should be 30 dollars, not 50. Since they don't have to do the packaging, and other crap that requires more money.

CaptNKILL 10-06-04 08:14 PM

How about on CD... I dont have a DVD player :|

-=DVS=- 10-06-04 08:16 PM

Half-Life 2: Collector's Edition DVD offcourse :rolleyes2 i want something solid for my cash and not virtual merchandise.

LiquidX 10-06-04 08:28 PM

Wow same price as retail no wonder VU is sueing them, they pass on no savings other taxes to the consumer. In anycase I will get the special edition when the price drops.

AthlonXP1800 10-06-04 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
How about on CD... I dont have a DVD player :|

You can get 16x DVD writer for $75, a few weeks ago I thought latest 16x DVD writer cost 200 the price of last year but when I look around for the latest price, I was shocked to discovered DVD writers is now cost as little as 45 or 55 for 16x DVD writer. I ordered Pioneer DVD 108 writer for 54. :nanahump: