nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Max Payne 2 sound issues (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38286)

superklye 10-07-04 04:13 PM

Max Payne 2 sound issues

There is sound, I can hear the music and the crazy voices and the graphic novels work just fine, but in game, environmental sounds (opening doors, walking, etc) and gunfire are all but muted. I can barely, BARELY hear when I fire a gun.

I've got the sound effects in game cranked up all the way and in the config utility, I have:
Sounds
EAX Environmental Effects
Multi-Channel Audio

all checked and Sound Channels are set on "high." I tried it with only "Sounds" checked and still the same problem.

I'm running 1.01 and never had this problem when I had my GF4 Ti4400 installed. This is the first time I've installed the game since getting my 6800GT.

Omega53 10-07-04 05:15 PM

Re: Max Payne 2 sound issues

Reinstall the game. And when you install the 1.01 patch it ask you if you've had any sound problems. Click yes and see if that fixes your issues.

superklye 10-07-04 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega53
Reinstall the game. And when you install the 1.01 patch it ask you if you've had any sound problems. Click yes and see if that fixes your issues.

I did what you said and never did anything come up about asking me if I had sound issues. And I still have them.

Omega53 10-07-04 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
I did what you said and never did anything come up about asking me if I had sound issues. And I still have them.

Thats weird. It asked me when I installed the patch :hmmm:

Omega53 10-07-04 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I get

superklye 10-08-04 02:49 AM

Damn...this sucks. :(

DJMONDY 10-08-04 04:07 AM

Have you got surround sound 5.1 system? If so go into your auido options for your soundcard and set it to 2 speaker not 5.1.

I have the same problems with Max Payne 2 and this is the only way to get the sound working properly.

If you still have problems look here: http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthread...Board=max2tech

I sorted out my auido problem from these forums, very helpfull.

Hope this helps! :)

superklye 10-08-04 05:25 AM

okay sweet. changing to 2 speakers in the creative control panel worked, but that sucks I can't have surround sound. :(

DJMONDY 10-08-04 06:51 AM

I know, its a bummer. Im not sure of any other way to do it. If you figure it out post it here. :)

You might find that you will have the same sound problems in halo (if you have that game) but setting it to 2 speaker again will work! :)

superklye 10-08-04 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJMONDY
I know, its a bummer. Im not sure of any other way to do it. If you figure it out post it here. :)

You might find that you will have the same sound problems in halo (if you have that game) but setting it to 2 speaker again will work! :)

I do have it but not installed right now...but thanks for the tips, I really appreciate them! :)

DJMONDY 10-08-04 12:59 PM

No problem.

Have you played Counter Strike before?

Ive just posted a new thread coz im not sure what to do. If you have played it i'd like some advice over here.

:)

superklye 10-08-04 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJMONDY
No problem.

Have you played Counter Strike before?

Ive just posted a new thread coz im not sure what to do. If you have played it i'd like some advice over here.

:)

heh, no I haven't. I played it once and really wasn't a fan in the least. Sorry. :(