nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   CS Source is a crap (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38361)

red_star 10-08-04 06:31 PM

CS Source is a crap

I was playing this game, all maxed FSAA4x AF 8x, no problems, super duper fast.

The graphic compared to Doom 3 or Far Cry is complete crap. There are HDR effects, pixel shader effects here there, nothing special.

The game is crapppppppppppppppppppppppp...

SH64 10-08-04 06:35 PM

Re: CS Source is a crap

The CS:S is simply a remake for CS in Source engine . i dont think you gonna see much eye candy in it .
you have to wait for HL2 to witness the true Soruce engine capabilities .

datamage 10-08-04 06:43 PM

Don't like it? Simple solution, don't play it.

- D.

Zips 10-08-04 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64
The CS:S is simply a remake for CS in Source engine . i dont think you gonna see much eye candy in it .
you have to wait for HL2 to witness the true Soruce engine capabilities .

Even that won't make full use of the engine's capabilities as they want to make the game accessible to a wider range of gamers (unlike Doom 3).

The capabilities are there and they will undoubtedly add more features via Steam as time progresses.

To thread starter: To say that the game is "crap" just based on what you believe to be sub-par graphics, is an extremely shallow statement.

nutcrackr 10-08-04 06:46 PM

Thanks for your intelligent insight on this game. :retard:

aaahhh52 10-08-04 06:48 PM

hmm....lets try and set up a doom 3 server with 50 people in it, or a far cry server, and lets see how bad it lags -_- yes ty for you ingenious insight on this game

Edge 10-08-04 07:06 PM

You know, the more I see reactions like this to a game, the more I think of the term "graphics *****".

jAkUp 10-08-04 07:22 PM

Meh he is full of it. The game has pixel shader effects, and I think the graphics are great. Not as good as FarCry or Doom 3, but its definetely in the top 5.

Razor1 10-08-04 07:26 PM

wow how many times is this guy going to be a :retard:

I personally don't like CS but thats because too many kids are playing it. And they know all the damn tricks.

CaptNKILL 10-08-04 07:28 PM

The fact that you're playing the game 4xAA 8xAF "super duper fast" should be enough to say the game isnt crap. Some game's ive played recently (Far Cry, BF:Vietnam) run like ass even with an overclocked 6800GT. And I wasnt impressed with the graphics of either game (far cry looked like a cartoon with the saturation set to 400% and BFV just looked boring). I havent played CS:S yet, but ive seen the videos and the screenshots and the water alone is amazing, but the textures and scenery detail were pretty impressive too.

Im not saying CS:S is drop dead gorgeous, but the graphics are very respectable and from what ive seen the performance is super smooth. Id take good graphics with perfect frame rates over great graphics and fluctuating\choppy framerates any day.

Omega53 10-08-04 07:36 PM

Ill tell you what is crap, the hit dection. This is the only game where I can fire a full clip 3 feet away and not hit the person once :hmmm:

Phillychuck 10-08-04 07:48 PM

I'm upset the 5950 is forced into DX8 mode, and will still be DX8 in HL2. I like my card, and feel like its being oppressed.

I never played original CS, I'm enjoying CS:S but I wish I had all the DX9 features.