nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hi, my name is Sven and i`m addicted... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38453)

Golden Sample 10-10-04 06:59 PM

Hi, my name is Sven and i`m addicted...

...to the Fallout games (FO 1+2, FO:Tactics)

I really wanted to know, if there are others like me, who have a normal live, family, work and household to keep clean, AND still are addicted to the Fallout games!?

I know that some of you don`t even know the games since they are from 97/98, but perhaps some fellas here can understand me?!

I mean, come on....i remember when the FO1 demo was released it all started: I had some friends visiting me, and we wanted to go to a party. My girl was @ home watching TV with some other chicks, and i was ready to go....

....but then i happend, and i started the demo. Little talking here, little puzzling there, and then the first fight: "BAMMM".....my enemys torso exploded after a nice burst from my MP.

"HOLY S H I T"....that was so awesome. I played and played and played....meanwhile my friends were gone (the party, you remember?) and i was still playing the demo. After about 10-15x through the demo, when i was 100% sure, that i had seen everything in it (next day again up to 10 times ;), I knew it: This is the game. The one and only....

@ this time i was over 20, so i never could imagine i will be so deep into a game EVER! (but i never get to old for gaming i think....)

Well, the time went by, and i finally got the game (imported from USA to Germany, cause the german version sucked ass and was cut and censored like hell!)

I played, and played for days till it was over. It was a very strange moment: The game you couldn`t wait to get your hand on was over....finished.

Happy or sad...i didn`t know what to be. I played it like 4-5 times with totally different Chars i made (Soldier type, Talker, Martial Arts, Sneaker/Thief...Man/Woman and so on)

Some weeks later i think, it happened: The sequel was anounced: Fallout 2!

Yipieeeee.....man was i happy!

The time went by, some previews came, and i knew it: Bigger, better ->FO2!

This time i said to my girl: "Sorry Marina, but you have to understand me. I will take 2 weeks free from work, and won`t be much around the next days..."

I have a really great girl. She didn`t understand me, but she could live with it. A man, who sits 14-16 hrs in front of the computer playing some Mad Max ****, comming to eat, no sex, and straight to bed. --> This lasted some days like 5-6, than FO2 was over for the first time.

And now please don`t laugh: I cried when it was over. I was so damn sad, cause i knew somehow, that this was it--> The Game of my life.

And believe me, i`m really no nerd or computer junkie, i`m not fat and lonely or anything. It never happened again, not before or after.

Even FO:Tactics was very good, not as good as FO 1+2, but still very good.

Now, in some weeks "The Fall" is comming out, and i hope it could come close to FO. Looks very nice, and is Mad-Maxed like Fo.
I played FO2, and now 1 again, for a last time i guess, and i am really lovin`it again....6 years later, and still nothing lodt from it`s magic!

So, are there any other FO addicted here? I really would love to know.

And please don`t make fun of me, cause i really love one game so much, that i would sell my house to play a third part (which perhaps will come, because the rights are sold to the Morrowind-makers, since Interplay/Black Isle was closed)

BTW, Brian Fargo or Chris Taylor: If you read this, i really love you guys for what you did with FO1+2. Thanks!

Oh yeah, of course i have a "real life", but all that stuff i wrote is true!

Have fun guys...

Sven

Banko 10-10-04 07:16 PM

Re: Hi, my name is Sven and i`m addicted...

I'm addicted but frankly FO:T was horrible :P I even visit No Mutants Allowed, and Duck And Cover. I really got pissed when they canned FO3, and then gave it to a no talent Bethesda, the Morrowind games were so horrible :/

Edge 10-10-04 07:24 PM

*croud stands up*

Hi Sven

Anyway, I'm not exactly addicted to the games, but I have played through them each multiple times and I always enjoy it. I started with Fallout 2, I remember I got it from a pawn shop in 1999 for like $20, and it was the one of the best $20 I ever spent on a game. Still my favorite open-ended RPG out there (including MMOs), I hope that Bethesda handles Fallout 3 well. Fallout Tactics was OK, but I wish they made a real sequel to the original games rather than a spin-off game based around different mechanics (though it did give a nice glimps into how a multiplayer Fallout could be done, and making characters was suprisingly entertaining).

aaahhh52 10-10-04 07:26 PM

golden sample....you sir need help :retard:

Golden Sample 10-10-04 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banko
I'm addicted but frankly FO:T was horrible :P I even visit No Mutants Allowed, and Duck And Cover. I really got pissed when they canned FO3, and then gave it to a no talent Bethesda, the Morrowind games were so horrible :/

I hear ya man: PRAISE THE LORD....there are others ;)

Yeah, FO:Tactics wasn`t even close to FO1+2, but i guess for me it was kind of a nice trip back in the wastelands. (You know what i mean)

If Bethesda is going to **** up FO3, im going to burn their homes down, kill their dogs and eat their children......(just kiddin`)

I guess it will be like any other 3D-RPG those days, even if games like Kotor, Gothic1 and Gothic2 are really good. But not even close to Fallout.

You know "The Fall"? There is a nice video out (around 100megs) with a great music score. How do you like it? Think it could be close..?! I hope so!

Well, i have to go to bed, it`s 2:30 here in Germany atm, and it`s really nasty to get up early, after 4 hrs of sleep..... :-(

But nice to know other "addicted" FO Players, and yeah NMA is a good page regarding FO. Theres www.Vault13.de and www.supermutant.de which i can recommend you if you are german!? ...and the "The Fall" Forum is nice too!

Bye, and good night

Sven

Golden Sample 10-10-04 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaahhh52-SoV-
golden sample....you sir need help :retard:

...lol

I don`t need help, i need FO 3!!! :).....and i need it now.....fast......

.....help....me....

*suffer*.....*cry*......Please....anybody......

*cough*.....no one?.....*buahhhhhhhhhhhhh*.............

Sven :drooling:

WeReWoLf 10-10-04 07:54 PM

Hi, my name is Jon, and i'm addicted to gaming in general. Currently, it's (don't laugh) Pokemon Colosseum. Damn you monty! Just when i thought i'd gotten over Pokemon completely a friend brings this over to play. Other than that it's FO3, Dawn of War and UT2004.