nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas jacked... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39112)

LiquidX 10-20-04 08:57 PM

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas jacked...

According to GameSpot.com

Seems like the biggest games for both Sony and MS has now been stolen. I guess Bungie can now feel a little bit better not being alone. You would think they would have better security like Valve. (mag)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10...s_6111057.html

******WARNING******
It seems some are getting confused so let me clarify. Rockstar developed Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and not Sony. Bungie devloped Halo 2 and not Microsoft. Finally Valve devolped Half Life 2 and not...the PC.

|MaguS| 10-20-04 09:36 PM

Re: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas jacked...

GTA releases in a week... not a month. So... Its not nearly as bad as Halo 2 getting pirated early. Think Publishers need to realize that sending games to Retailers weeks or months in advance is asking for trouble.

Rockstar (Sony has NOTHING to do with GTA except for being on thier console) AND MS have great security seeing how the game or beta was never leaked. It was due to poor retailer security that a copy was able to be stolen.

Slybri 10-20-04 10:59 PM

Well, first Halo 2 for xbox (though a french copy), now GTA:SA for PS2.
Will they go for the trifecta and leak Half Life 2 early?

Though Steam would make it difficult, they've already got a playable CS:source
you can "obtain."

This is starting to bug me. Not only can the warez bastards get major release games for free, they get them weeks before the legit gamers. I'm worried about what the software companies will do to stop it. Punch in a credit card number everytime you play? something awful like that....

EciDemon 10-20-04 11:10 PM

nothing new about games being warzed before the actuall release date. happens all the time.

LiquidX 10-20-04 11:29 PM

Yeah but it was never been this common as it's becoming on the consoles. Half Life 2 wouldnt surprise me at all but Halo 2 sure as hell did. Now GTA, the biggest game for Sony this year.

MustangSVT 10-20-04 11:49 PM

Grand Prix 4 came out on the underground scene a few months before it hit shelves (about 3 to 4 months). Also, let me think there's another game that came out really early on internet. WarCraft III was spread a week before shelves. Industry Giant II came out a full two months. Crazy Taxi (1) a full 3 months. Just to give you something to think about, this has happened many times before where the game came out on internet more than a month before shelves.

As a comparison, TOCA Race Driver 2, Colin McRae Rally 2005 and Beyond Divinity haven't gotten distributed over the net yet, because of the special dvd protection they use.

Phoking 10-21-04 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidX
Yeah but it was never been this common as it's becoming on the consoles. Half Life 2 wouldnt surprise me at all but Halo 2 sure as hell did. Now GTA, the biggest game for Sony this year.

why do u keep saying sony? they didnt make the game.. its only on their consoles.. Rockstar makes GTA games..

Anyways, I think popular game sites should not be making this kind of news so public (its on gamespot's front page). It makes more people aware and possibly interested about illegal topics. I believe this because there are always people on forums asking about where to get warez this or that who have had no previous knowledge of such things.

MustangSVT 10-21-04 02:55 AM

CaN u GuYs HeLp mE DoWnLoAD GRAND THEFT SAN ANDREAS I HEAR IT'S OUT AND I WANT TO PLAYZ IT.

Nah, just messing with you guys. :o

LiquidX 10-21-04 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoking
why do u keep saying sony? they didnt make the game.. its only on their consoles.. Rockstar makes GTA games..

Anyways, I think popular game sites should not be making this kind of news so public (its on gamespot's front page). It makes more people aware and possibly interested about illegal topics. I believe this because there are always people on forums asking about where to get warez this or that who have had no previous knowledge of such things.

I say Sony relative to there system. For now San Andreas is exclusive to Sony, just like Halo2 to MS and just like HL2 to the PC. San Andreas is expected to be the biggest selling game on the Sony PS2 this year as does Halo 2 is expect to be the biggest selling game on the MS XBox this year. Both gamees are made by there respected devs one of which I note but what I was pointing out is that the game expected to sell the most for both Sony's console and MS console have been leaked nothing more, I am not implying or saying they were made by Sony or MS. You really found that so hard to understand? I guess others will to so here is a warning with even bold red letters for an emergency. :ORDER:

******WARNING******
It seems some are getting confused so let me clarify. Rockstar developed Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and not Sony. Bungie devloped Halo 2 and not Microsoft. Finally Valve devolped Half Life 2 and not...the PC.

BioHazZarD 10-21-04 10:21 AM

and soon HL2 will suffer the same ****.

MustangSVT 10-21-04 11:40 AM

HL2 RC1 already been leaked like a few weeks ago.

|MaguS| 10-21-04 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidX
******WARNING******

Yes but Sony doesn't own Rockstar yet... MS owns Bungie and the Halo brand name... if they wanted to make Halo 3 internally while Bungi went off and made another title they are in thier full rights to do so because Bungi was dumb enough to sell all thier liceneses along with the company, unlike Valve who owns the Half-Life license.