nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My Email from John Carmack (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39314)

Intel17 10-23-04 08:26 PM

My Email from John Carmack *WITH PIC OF EMAIL*

I didn't think it was real for a few moments, as I stared in utter awe at my inbox, but there, sitting, was an email, from John Carmack, Technical Director and co-founder of id-software.

Here's what his reply to my email was....

"I have never said that I am planning on retiring, just that I felt it might get less interesting in a couple years. I could be wrong about that.

Right now, I am having the best time programming that I have had in years.

John Carmack"

So it looks like he wasn't really planning on retiring after all :)

Discuss!

Skrot 10-23-04 08:42 PM

Re: My Email from John Carmack

Wow... very good news. But isn't it nearly explicitly said in some interview? I must say I'm confused, now.

Intel17 10-23-04 09:02 PM

Well, this is from Carmack himself, and not some interpretation by a CNN reporter, so i'd trust this :)

I am extremely glad that hes not planning on leaving and that hes actually HAVING A GOOD TIME programming the next engine :) :) :) :)

Yay! More OpenGL engines to come!

XP_GUN 10-23-04 09:13 PM

Thats cool, I would like to write him but have no qlue what to write about.....

jAkUp 10-23-04 09:27 PM

Sweet! Do you have the email that you sent?? And whats his address? I'd like to have an email from John Carmack to my collection... already have a few from Gabe :nanahump:

SH64 10-23-04 09:40 PM

:hmmm: .. can you provide some more info like JC's email-add or show us the e-mail itself with the header .. how would you know if its the real Carmack or just someone messin' with ya ?

Intel17 10-23-04 09:46 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but how do i take a pic. of the header and the other stuff needed to prove to you guys this aint a spoof?

Also, I emailed him first at his email address and then he responded.

Also, please don't send him irrelevant questions, because he's REALLY busy.

einstein_314 10-23-04 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intel17
Excuse my ignorance, but how do i take a pic. of the header and the other stuff needed to prove to you guys this aint a spoof?

Oh, I was under the impression that he just email you out of the blue informing you that he wasn't retiring.:jumping:

SH64 10-23-04 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intel17

how about taking a screenshot for the e-mail .. its like when you take a screenshot for your desktop using the print screen key or using an screen capture program . its easy .
or any other good proof you can provide . dont get me wrong but everyone else can claim that he recieved an e-mail from JC ...

majortom 10-23-04 11:05 PM

hmmm, hey intel, i found the real email carmack sent you:

first off, thank you for your support of id's games, im glad you liked doom3. however, please stop sending me naked pictures of yourself making love to a doom3 box. if you do stop, i will promise to continue making game engines. just please, for the love of god, stop.

regards,
john carmack

superklye 10-23-04 11:41 PM

I got an email from John Romero apolgizing for D...a and asking me to make him my bitch

aaahhh52 10-24-04 12:24 AM

i got an email from jesus one time...he said he loved fish