nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Call of Duty - i'm at a loss for words - CRASHING!!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39419)

Sc0rp10n 10-25-04 09:19 PM

Call of Duty - i'm at a loss for words - CRASHING!!!

ALRIGHT, WTF? i have the computer in my sig. i've got the latest nvidia drivers. i've got the latest game patch. i have the latest sound card drivers. this game just will ramdonly pause for anywhere from 30-60 seconds. just sit there and freeze. i just decided to play through it tonight and it did it twice. the third time it did it, when the game came back the screen was distorted (white dots everywhere). all screwed up. i had control though and just exited the game. at this point, my windows desktop looked screwed up the same way. i've had it with this game.

i played through tron 2.0, painkiller, far cry, doom 3 beginning to end with 0 problems. this seems to tell me that there is a problem with call of duty. any ideas here?

Sc0rp10n 10-25-04 09:21 PM

Re: Call of Duty - i'm at a loss for words - CRASHING!!!

oh, and by the way, i took activisions advice and changed desktop to 800x600x32 and changed sound hardware acceleration to basic. nothing. i'm beginning to hate this game.

rudedog 10-25-04 09:30 PM

Are you overlocking your video card?

Even if your not, try underclocking it just to see if it's heat releated.

Good luck

XP_GUN 10-25-04 09:31 PM

^ yeah overclocking it might case it too.

Now I did had a problem with my old FX 5900U but it was only on bf1942. I tryed reloading windows and updated my drivers. After that I said F$#% and got my GT. First you might need to check to see if all of your motherboad drivers are up to date and do a google search on the problem with the game. I really dont think that its a hardware error just because you say that farcry and doom3 run it good.

Activision support sucks, they couldent figure out why my elite force 2 and said it was SP2 which I told them that I had the same problem with SP1 and then never got a e-mail back. The game keeped on crashing when it loaded the game and never played it again.

Sc0rp10n 10-25-04 10:33 PM

was just playing the scene where all the tanks come at you. was playing for probably half an hour. game locked up and sat there for about 45 seconds, then my computer rebooted itself. this doesn't happen to ANY other game.

all drivers and mobo drivers are up to date. i hate this game.

XP_GUN 10-25-04 10:49 PM

What is the temperature of your video card?