nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   forgot password to router??? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39486)

cricket 10-26-04 07:29 PM

forgot password to router???

hello guys, was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a linksys 4 port router and it is model (wired) BEFSR41, firmware version is 1.45 and I cant enter the set up screen, cause I forgot my password. It says to hold in the reset button for 30 second's and this will revert to default 192.168.1.1 and "admin" as password, both default setting's, but I have tried doing this 3 times, and it does not work. I still have the current 192.168.1.XX number I set it to, and admin is not working as password, so it must still want my password that I set months ago. Is it possible that with this firmware version I have, it is stopping me from doing this?, that holding the reset button for 30 second's, will no longer revert back to default setting's? if anyone has any help....send it this way. thanks, cricket The router is from c.2000 and has been firmware that is pretty much up to date.

Fatman 10-26-04 08:23 PM

Re: forgot password to router???

Hold that reset button down, it should work. Worked for me a few times on different revisions too. Don't forget that there is no user name, just the password - admin

Slyder 10-27-04 02:14 AM

What that guy said...

I have the BEFSR41 and I know there is a reset button for this very thing. It should work no matter what firmware you have but if you flash to the latest firmware that may clear it.

BTW : Not sure if you are aware or not, but there is a newer firmware out. We are now on version 1.05.00. Assuming you have a version 3 router I would suggest you flash to the latest firmware found here

Full list of bug fixes in the new firmware can be read here

Bill The Cat 10-27-04 02:44 AM

Try power cycling it. To be safe unplug it for a couple minutes. Perhaps that'll take care of it.

john123 03-26-12 03:31 AM

Hello Bill The Cat, No problem, just follow the given instruction -

1. first on off the Router support .
2. Start - Run- Type CMD and enter
3. Type IPCONFIG and enter
4. note down the Default Gateway
5. Open Internet Browser and type the gateway address & enter
6. set the password again & change the new password

Enjoy !!

john123 03-26-12 03:32 AM

Hello Bill The Cat, No problem, just follow the given instruction -

1. Start - Run- Type CMD and enter.
2. Type IPCONFIG and enter.
3. note down the Default Gateway.
4. Open Internet Browser and type the gateway address & enter.
5. set the password again & change the new password.

Enjoy !!

Johnny C 03-26-12 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 459205)
hello guys, was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a linksys 4 port router and it is model (wired) BEFSR41, firmware version is 1.45 and I cant enter the set up screen, cause I forgot my password. It says to hold in the reset button for 30 second's and this will revert to default 192.168.1.1 and "admin" as password, both default setting's, but I have tried doing this 3 times, and it does not work. I still have the current 192.168.1.XX number I set it to, and admin is not working as password, so it must still want my password that I set months ago. Is it possible that with this firmware version I have, it is stopping me from doing this?, that holding the reset button for 30 second's, will no longer revert back to default setting's? if anyone has any help....send it this way. thanks, cricket The router is from c.2000 and has been firmware that is pretty much up to date.

Hold the button in for like 5 minutes

XDanger 03-26-12 02:44 PM

bot