nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Dual monitor on FX5700 - one shows blank video (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39650)

sheriffwoody 10-29-04 12:28 AM

Dual monitor on FX5700 - one shows blank video

I am using the FX 5700 le. I am using the 'clone' mode which is supposed to show 2 identical screens on both monitors. One shows good video playback, the other monitor has a black screen in place of where the video is. I can switch which monitor shows the video and which doesent by changing the order of the display pair under advanced settings on nvidia 5700 tab. Any suggestions??? :nanahump: (newb) :nanahump:

Slyder 10-29-04 12:55 AM

Re: Dual monitor on FX5700 - one shows blank video

Yeah I get this problem on my FX5700. I dont think your going to get this working to be honest, well not 110%

If its an mpeg, you can right click on that, and select Play on My TV. Assuming your default display is set to your monitor selecting the above option on an mpeg usually kicks the video out onto both screens. Sometimes it will also remember this, and you can play any video format on your telly after that. DVD, Mpeg, Xvid, Divx etc etc...

Hope this helps.

Subtestube 10-29-04 02:38 AM

It's to do with the fact that your video card doesn't like rendering 2 overlays. I've always had this condition in the past, and it's just sort of been a 'fact of life'. Interestingly, the 66.81 drivers seem to allow me to output to both my primary monitor and a TV at once... odd.

rewt 10-29-04 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheriffwoody
I am using the FX 5700 le. I am using the 'clone' mode which is supposed to show 2 identical screens on both monitors. One shows good video playback, the other monitor has a black screen in place of where the video is.

This is absolutely normal. But there is a fix. Scroll down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyder
Yeah I get this problem on my FX5700. I dont think your going to get this working to be honest, well not 110%

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subtestube
I've always had this condition in the past, and it's just sort of been a 'fact of life'.

You guys are funny. :lol2:

Install Coolbits 3D from my homepage (click my name in the upper left of my post > visit homepage). Go to Video Overlay Settings in the nV control panel. Click "Enable VMR" checkbox and hit apply. Now enjoy as your video will play on both monitors!

w00t w00t :D Who's da man? :clap:

hellbound 02-23-06 01:30 PM

thanks for the note
but the thing is this trick will disable overlay in order to make it work. which means there is no hardware involve in rendering the video
but the problem is the video is not blurred in resizing means the method of rasterizing, I forgot it was bicubic or something which has a smooth edges and none aliased...
however how can we force the hardware to playback an overlay in clone mode on both monitors?

thanks again