nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Single Style 6800 Ultra bracket question? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41019)

Digital_Maximus 11-19-04 04:30 AM

Single Style 6800 Ultra bracket question?

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I'm looking for a bracket for my PNY Ge-Force 6800 Ultra.
I have an Arctic Cool heatsink that I installed and cut half the old bracket off. Only now, the bracket sucks. I want a brand new one. Everything works perferct other then having a crappy bracket cut in half.
I'm looking for one just like in the picture and the only companies I know that carry them so far are Asus and Gainward. Any other suggestions?
I must get a bracket soon......... I must!

Kev1 11-19-04 04:11 PM

Re: Single Style 6800 Ultra bracket question?

I'm thinking you'll need to send back to manufacturer for repair. Won't putting on a new bracket involve soldering?

Ninjaman09 11-19-04 07:51 PM

Yeah, you can't just take it off and replace it without damaging the connections. You'd need to send it back to the manufacturer.

einstein_314 11-19-04 08:33 PM

you mean you need a new bracket? Like the part that goes over the DVI connectors? or you need new connectors? I had a ultra with the double bracket and when I got my NV5 silencer I just removed the bracked, took my dremel tool to it to hack off half of it, and replaced it. How on earth would you mess it up? I don't think you can just buy the bracket part. And if it's the connections you messed up...well, good luck with that.

EDIT: And this should be moved to the Geforce 6 series section as it's in the wrong spot

Kev1 11-19-04 10:47 PM

Hmmm. Well, if the bracket comes off but connectors stay put then he is ok and can just replace the bracket. I thought they would have to come off together.

Maybe he can just email/call manufacturer to get new bracket then. I havent seen any for sale at retailers. Maybe one from an older video card would work if openings matched up?

I'd fix it no matter what because 6800 Ultra's are kindof expensive to replace :rolleyes:

Digital_Maximus 11-20-04 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev1
Hmmm. Well, if the bracket comes off but connectors stay put then he is ok and can just replace the bracket. I thought they would have to come off together.

Maybe he can just email/call manufacturer to get new bracket then. I havent seen any for sale at retailers. Maybe one from an older video card would work if openings matched up?

I'd fix it no matter what because 6800 Ultra's are kindof expensive to replace :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm looking for a bracket for my PNY Ge-Force 6800 Ultra.
I have an Arctic Cool heatsink that I installed and cut half the old bracket off. Only now, the bracket sucks. I want a brand new one. Everything works perferct other then having a crappy bracket cut in half.
I'm looking for one just like in the picture and the only companies I know that carry them so far are Asus and Gainward. Any other suggestions?
I must get a bracket soon......... I must! :)

Chippy 11-20-04 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Yeah, you can't just take it off and replace it without damaging the connections. You'd need to send it back to the manufacturer.

You just unscrew the retaining nuts on each of the connectors and remove the plate. Its not "connected" to anything.

Chip

Digital_Maximus 11-20-04 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chippy
You just unscrew the retaining nuts on each of the connectors and remove the plate. Its not "connected" to anything.

Chip

I'm looking just the bracket.
I need to find a reseller or even an importer on this item.
This item could be an import only item from Japan, China, Taiwan.
Let's put our thinking caps on!!!! Any suggestions?

Digital_Maximus-Feed A Hungry Mind! (spit)

einstein_314 11-20-04 07:42 PM

Why does your bracket suck? Did you like butcher it or something? I chopped mine in half and you can barely tell it's been chopped. And I just used my dremel tool. Did you hacksaw it?

Digital_Maximus 11-20-04 08:44 PM

I used metal cutters and cut it in half. It looks like sh&*!
I would just like to buy a new one somewhere out there.
Does anyone have an extra bracket that would fit onto my PNY
Ge-force 6800 Ultra? Plan B.) Call Asus or Gainward and see if they sell the bracket for the Ge-Force 6800 Ultra as a stand alone item. Only time will tell.
Donations are welcome e-mail: firetap88@yahoo.com Thank you! :)

Digital_Maximus-Feed A Hungry Mind! (spit)

Akirhol 11-20-04 09:05 PM

How often do you stare at the back of your computer? It's not worth the trouble to get a new bracket IMO if it still works fine. Why you would hack the 2nd slot half of the bracket off is beyond me anyways... not like you can use the PCI slot with the beast of a cooling solution on the card.

Odds are greatly against you in being able to get a bracket by itself from anyone... they aren't distributed for resale.

EDIT: Suppose you could use that slot for a bracket that houses extra USB/FW/etc connections...

Digital_Maximus 11-20-04 09:14 PM

I've been talking to Arctic Cool and Bit$#*&$ them out for not including
a small bracket to replace the huge bracket that comes stock with all the
Ge-Force 6800 Ultra Graphic cards. It pi$$es me off to see that they never
included a smaller bracket with their glorified Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5.
They have contacted some of their resources overseas to see if
they can import one small bracket to me. I don't care if it's large just as
long as I fits on my 6800U.