nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Can you update the NV30 title plz (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4294)

Smokey 11-20-02 11:09 PM

Can you update the NV30 title plz

Know that we know the offical name of the NV30, cany chance you could update the title under our names that still read NV30, just a thought ;)

Bigus Dickus 11-20-02 11:16 PM

You probably have enough posts to change your title yourself. ;)

Just go into the "edit profile" section of your user control panel, and you should be able to enter whatever title you wish.

However, I would guess most people would prefer to keep NV30 instead of GeForce FX. :D

Smokey 11-20-02 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bigus Dickus
You probably have enough posts to change your title yourself. ;)

Just go into the "edit profile" section of your user control panel, and you should be able to enter whatever title you wish.

However, I would guess most people would prefer to keep NV30 instead of GeForce FX. :D

Thats what I thought too but it seems to be locked :confused: hense Ive made this thread.

volt 11-20-02 11:40 PM

All done...Almighty JuiceZ :)

Bigus Dickus 11-20-02 11:50 PM

lol... wear it with pride! :)

LORD-eX-Bu 11-21-02 12:02 PM

Haha! I don't need your GeforceFX title thingy.:p

Smokey 11-21-02 05:38 PM

Thanks for that, but as I have just looked, I could have changed it myself:( Ive been having trouble sleeping lately and not getting enough sleep, going to bed between 6am-11am. So looks like I overlooked that one, sorry!

|JuiceZ| 11-21-02 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Smokey
Thanks for that, but as I have just looked, I could have changed it myself:( Ive been having trouble sleeping lately and not getting enough sleep, going to bed between 6am-11am. So looks like I overlooked that one, sorry!
Thats ok Smokey, we know yer still getting used to this whole forum thing :D j/k

Bigus Dickus 11-21-02 05:53 PM

Ack! :(

I just realized that I now have a geforceFX badge as well. I kinda liked the NV30 tag... but I definitely have to get rid of this one!

pastor 11-21-02 05:57 PM

hey bigus !

after you remove your GforceFX badge to a more all around "Opposite product" :D

can you explain me what is all this buzz about : " IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D "

i think i'm able to spell word for word of this mysterious phrase ;)
is he an ennemy ? :D

Bigus Dickus 11-22-02 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pastor

can you explain me what is all this buzz about : " IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D "

i think i'm able to spell word for word of this mysterious phrase ;)
is he an ennemy ? :D

Since you asked the question, I'll answer it. There is a long history behind Derek Smart, independent game developer of the BattleCruiser series. There has long since been a controversy over his alleged Ph.D. degree. I won't go into all the details, which are out there for your finding, but I will sumarrize to say that he has never revealed the institution from which his "Ph.D." comes, nor has his name been found on any enrollment records or dissertation of any accredited university. His attorney all but stated that his "Ph.D." came from a degree mill.

On the Beyond3D forums, he made the above statement (verbatim) to another game developer who, for reasons unknown, declined to name the games he has played a part in developing. It seemed extremely ironic that someone would accuse someone else of lying due to the refusal to disclose some "simple and straight forward information" who had themselves refused for years to even give the name of the university they attended to confirm the legitimacy of their claimed degree.

I used his quote as my signature at Beyond3D, until Mr. Smart took offense to it (in his usual egocentric overbearing way) and essentially threatened legal action if I didn't cease using his quote without his permission. He was informed that if I removed the quote as my sig there, then it would be used elsewhere. The mods/administrators politely asked me to cease using his quote to prevent the further deterioration of the forums that had begun when Mr. Smart made his first appearance there. Since I have a great respect for the B3D staff, I agreed.

Hence, the quote became my signature here, and at Rage3D, and at OTCentral, HardwareCentral, TheAdminPage, PlanetUnrealForums, 3DGPU, MagicKleanForums, r3mix, hydrogen audio, Rx7Club, SRO forums, and DoA forums.

I hope that answers your question.

ricercar 11-22-02 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bigus Dickus
I hope that answers your question.
THANK YOU! I wondered what was the story behind your sig, but never got around to asking. You should have a FAQ. :)