nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   nHancer - Advanced Profile Editor for NVIDIA graphics cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45204)

Grestorn 02-03-05 03:31 AM

nHancer - Advanced Profile Editor for NVIDIA graphics cards

The latest version 1.1 of nHancer has just been released and its website www.nhancer.com is online now.

nHancer is a new advanced profile editor for nVidia cards. Version 1.0 has been released about two month ago and acclaimed much praise in the community.

nHancer offers many more options than nVidia’s own control panel, including advanced SLI options to make almost every game SLI compatible, additional options for anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, optimizations and much more.

A database of profiles is available on the website, and we’re planning to add many more games to this database. With the help of the community, eventually this database is supposed to contain all games, old and new, to make them SLI compatible and offer the best possible image quality for every hardware out there, ranging from a GF 4x00 Ti to a 6800Ultra SLI.

Many more details, including the screenshots, the download link and a detailed manual, can be found on the website.

nHancer's features:
  • Create and manage fully automated profiles for all your games
  • On-the-fly control of all global settings and all game settings
  • Very easy to use, explains all options and their effect, like Anti Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, etc.
  • Special options for nVidia's SLI feature, allowing you to be able to use almost all games with SLI even if nVidia doesn't support them
  • Offers addional Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering modes, that are not available through nVidia's control panel
  • Flexible user interface: change the size of the window and all sub areas
  • Use the online profile database to download profiles for your games, to enhance your gaming experience without having to explore the various options yourself
  • Export and share your profiles with other by uploading them into the profile databse
  • User interface and help texts available in various languages (right now English, German, Spanish and Polish)
  • Coexists perfectly with nVidia's own control panel and other tools, like aTuner or RivaTuner. nHancer will immediately detect any changes made by any other tool.

Lfctony 02-03-05 03:50 AM

Re: New nVidia tool: Replacement profile editor, SLI enabled

Looks excellent. Great job :)

Grestorn 02-03-05 10:08 AM

Thanks, but you seem to be the only one interested...

Maybe I should stress that the tool is not onlyuseful to SLI users but to all GeForce users,,,

|MaguS| 02-03-05 10:12 AM

I'll try it out but don't often bother with profiles...

scoote69 02-03-05 10:15 AM

Ill try it tonight with eq2! This looks like exactly what a novice like me needs to tweak sli in eq2. Thank you so much. Ill post my results asap.

|MaguS| 02-03-05 10:36 AM

Nice, I might actually use profiles more often. This is alot easier to use then the clumsy Nvidia one. Don't have SLi but it sure makes setting profiles no hassle at all.

BTW: Close/Exit option in the drop down still looks to be in German, Kinda off in the English version ;)

EDIT: One thing I would like to see is the tool automatically alphabetize or atleast the ability to do it yourself when you add a new entry the the games list.

Grestorn 02-03-05 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egbtmagus
EDIT: One thing I would like to see is the tool automatically alphabetize or atleast the ability to do it yourself when you add a new entry the the games list.

lol, you're right :)

It wasn't created automatically though, I really typed it that way. I just didn't realize that I was switching languages.

Nice catch!

GlowStick 02-03-05 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grestorn
Thanks, but you seem to be the only one interested...

Maybe I should stress that the tool is not onlyuseful to SLI users but to all GeForce users,,,

Oh I am definatly intrested in this software, however I just woke up :D

I really do hate useing the Awful awful NV control panel to try to add new games that are not already on the list, sometimes it just blatently dose not add the games for some odd reason.

Thanks for the great tool!

Grestorn 02-03-05 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoote69
Ill try it tonight with eq2! This looks like exactly what a novice like me needs to tweak sli in eq2. Thank you so much. Ill post my results asap.

I haven't had much luck myself with EQ2 though. EQ2 seems to be pretty SLI resistant - either that or it's completely CPU limited (which is unlikely, because it gets a lot slower as soon as you enable FSAA).

But if you find a setting that works, let us know!

BTW, starting with 71.40, nVidia shipped the driver with a profile for EQ2 (which just disables SLI for that game). If you get a lock symbol on the SLI page, you have to delete the EQ2 profile and recreate it. YAPE doesn't allow to change the SLI settings if they were predefined by nVidia (indicated by the option "predefined" in nvapps.xml). Deleting and recreating a profile works around that.

saturnotaku 02-03-05 10:55 AM

Does this program have the ability to enable/disable the OpenGL extension limit? I need this functionality in order to play some older OGL games that crash if it's not enabled.

Grestorn 02-03-05 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Does this program have the ability to enable/disable the OpenGL extension limit? I need this functionality in order to play some older OGL games that crash if it's not enabled.

Yes, it does. But since the driver doesn't just use "1" and "0" for this option, but several different numbers (and I don't know what they mean exactly, check out the predefined profile for "Medal of Honor" for example), I just put an edit field where you can enter any number for the OpenGL extension limit option (check the "compatibility" page). Just enter "1" in this edit field to enable the default extension limit.

CaptNKILL 02-03-05 12:01 PM

I cant even install this program... it says I need .NET Framework version 12871847104971091 and Ive downloaded 2 different things from MS that deal with the .NET framework and this program still wont install. The place it says to download it from is no longer there.

:rolleyes: