nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   EQ2 joining the ranks of nerf everything (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45246)

Ghosthunter 02-03-05 02:26 PM

EQ2 joining the ranks of nerf everything

I love MMORPG..but every game gets nerfed to death..so sick of it...

Lets see my wizard sucks big time after level 37...moorguard said they are aware of it like 3-4 weeks ago...i dont believe any promises from them..

now they messed up so many other classes..monks (which i started one till they fixed wizard), and scouts..with the agility nerf...

to add all that i am an alchemists..and they made it much harder to get pristine inks..and on top of that nerf our sellback prices to many of our items...

what the point...i am so sick of getting nerfed every time...

I dont want to go to WoW..becuase i know same things will happen...thinking of just quitting MMORPG for a while now

bmg 02-03-05 04:10 PM

Re: EQ2 joining the ranks of nerf everything

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
I love MMORPG..but every game gets nerfed to death..so sick of it...

Lets see my wizard sucks big time after level 37...moorguard said they are aware of it like 3-4 weeks ago...i dont believe any promises from them..

now they messed up so many other classes..monks (which i started one till they fixed wizard), and scouts..with the agility nerf...

to add all that i am an alchemists..and they made it much harder to get pristine inks..and on top of that nerf our sellback prices to many of our items...

what the point...i am so sick of getting nerfed every time...

I dont want to go to WoW..becuase i know same things will happen...thinking of just quitting MMORPG for a while now

If you think it's bad now, wait until they decide to introduce PvP and start tweaking everything to try to achieve "balance".

|MaguS| 02-03-05 08:39 PM

"Nerfing" happens in every game because well its called balancing, some classes usuaully tend to be more powerful or have abilties that were never intended to work a certain way, get over it.

If you dont like the optimizing and changing things then don't play a MMORPG, they are made to evolve. Go play Lineage 2 and have a great gank fest...

Ghosthunter 02-03-05 08:42 PM

this isnt balancing..LOL

this is stealth nerfs..whcih i hate the most and i have played mmorpgs for years so i know what it like...i am just getting sick of it...they should figure all these things out in beta already...bugs np i can understand cant be found in beta...but class balance should be

Blacklash 02-04-05 01:39 AM

Taking a break from EQ 2 myself. The game simply isn't finished IMO. I like the changes that are coming down the line for solo players. Some of the graphic changes on the armors were nice except now if you had a matching set you are SOL at low to mid levels. One of my alts looks like he is wearing cordovan with an 'etched' style tunic. Which is of course the quest tunic you get when you become class X at 10th that use to appear as cordovan, or med iron chain. The iron chain appearing BP now looks like carbonite chain.

Crikey that red and white armor is HIDEOUS. I don't care what stats is on it I will never look like a tylenol bottle or santa claus.

They made me laugh with the Berserker nerf, not that it wasn't warranted. Their attitude seemed to be, "The Berserker AOE does what?" *Chuckles* Wonder why they don't know what a L20 ability does in a game they made. Did they Beta this thing?

vampireuk 02-04-05 05:16 AM

There are people complaining about the Paladin nerf with one of the seals, it lowers the damage you do and increases your attack rate, before the actual fix it did way more damage than it was suppose to do. Now the ability works as intended and people are crying about it.

killahsin 02-04-05 07:55 AM

Actually the agi nerf was balancing. Watching an agi twinked monk never get hit by a legendary mob was kinda scary.

|MaguS| 02-04-05 07:59 AM

Shhh don't tell them that, SOE fixing things isn't allowed. It's a nerf!

Marcos 02-04-05 08:26 AM

Don't forget your Scmecklers powder

Ghosthunter 02-04-05 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killahsin
Actually the agi nerf was balancing. Watching an agi twinked monk never get hit by a legendary mob was kinda scary.

yeah but that only happend levels 40+ and with agility buffed to 200-300

what they did is overnerf where a monk can no longer be the main tank anymore..at levels 20+ when the problem wasnt there

I have no problem with the balance..but they did not really fix the issue, just made it worst now

Ghosthunter 02-04-05 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Shhh don't tell them that, SOE fixing things isn't allowed. It's a nerf!

I take it you dont play any classes that get hit big time from nerfs and i bet you dont do crafting

|MaguS| 02-04-05 10:05 AM

I play a class that is almost useless. My attack and Defense is pathetic and I probably have the most useless spells/abilties out of all the classes... a ShadowKnight...

As for a Monk not being able to tank, well DUH. They aren't tanks or ever remotly suppose to be one. They are Purely Dmg based class, if they were ment to tank they would be wearing plate.