nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46187)

latinmike 02-19-05 12:44 AM

6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
The future for APG is still here with the 6800 series and for a long time as far as I,m concern. I am like many of you bought one in the last few months games are greared to us and love the way they work our games to the max. and to see that the PC world just changed as if over nite and as if we are again are at the ass end of the equation, there many articles out there why we should upgrade to SLI/PCI-E as for me for your money and here are some that state that we are still good to go for now. As for me I think that we are at our prim. post your thought here and let the PC world and thier maker know how you feel and we can have one voice together, and maybe we can make a inpackl. :cool: :cool:

MUYA 02-19-05 01:30 AM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
Who said the AGP market was suddenly going to disappear?

It's a question of economics and it has been said before AGP has a future...as not all can afford to make wholesale changes to their systems. There are other priorities. It will take a few years before PCI E is adopted on more than 50% of computer around the world....and that is alot.

MUYA 02-19-05 01:38 AM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
BTW it's AGP not APG.

john19055 02-20-05 10:48 PM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
It does feel like overnite to me too,as soon as I get my new AGP EVGA 6800 ultra card, PCIe is everwhere,I thought it would take longer to get it out in quanity,Because I sure wish I would have got a PCIe instead.

MUYA 02-20-05 11:15 PM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
You will be ale to buy AGP cards as long as AGP is the dominant graphics port out there. That willr emain so for quite some time.

CaptNKILL 02-20-05 11:55 PM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA
You will be ale to buy AGP cards as long as AGP is the dominant graphics port out there. That will remain so for quite some time.

I think the problem is with the motherboards. The selection of AGP motherboards is already diminishing (check the number of out of stock AGP Socket 939 boards at newegg). The newest chipsets from Nvidia have no AGP support at all, but have many other features that people want.

Id love an Nforce 4 board... but since I have an AGP 6800 GT and money doesnt grow on trees, im forced to go with the limited selection of Nforce 3 Ultra boards. Not that they are bad, it just kind of sucks that I have to buy an outdated motherboard for a top of the line video card and CPU.

PaiN 02-21-05 07:12 AM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
I'm alittle to other side of the fence. Being a PC enthisiast, like most of us, I'm happy with the rapid pace of PC tech developement. What other hobby is there always something new and great to look forward too ?? ;)
I'd go nuts if I couldn't go to newegg everyother day and toss a bunch of new dream parts into my cart....and sometimes when the moon and stars are in correct alignment, I pess the order button :lol:

latinmike 02-21-05 10:27 PM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by john19055
It does feel like overnite to me too,as soon as I get my new AGP EVGA 6800 ultra card, PCIe is everwhere,I thought it would take longer to get it out in quanity,Because I sure wish I would have got a PCIe instead.

as for me it was two or three mons. in a way that was unfair to us that bougth new apg card I feel you :cool:

latinmike 02-21-05 10:29 PM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA
Who said the AGP market was suddenly going to disappear?

It's a question of economics and it has been said before AGP has a future...as not all can afford to make wholesale changes to their systems. There are other priorities. It will take a few years before PCI E is adopted on more than 50% of computer around the world....and that is alot.

that,s what I say to stall we have the best card on the market 6800u/ GT rocks :D like 26 bit systems to 32 bit systems it toke time to make the full transation and it will be the same for SLI and PCI-E so no matter what any body say,s we are still on top and for a long time to come :eek: :cool:

MUYA 02-21-05 10:32 PM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
I don't think so. PCIE launch and PCIE card launch has been long slated to debut and everyone should have known. If you couldn't wait then thats yor problem. I have a 6800 ultra agp and i am not complaining one bit. Latinmike your threads and posts are everbit useful as a waterproof match. EACH IHV will offer AGP cards for th forseeable future.

latinmike 02-21-05 10:40 PM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA
I don't think so. PCIE launch and PCIE card launch has been long slated to debut and everyone should have known. If you couldn't wait then thats yor problem. I have a 6800 ultra agp and i am not complaining one bit. Latinmike your threads and posts are everbit useful as a waterproof match. EACH IHV will offer AGP cards for th forseeable future.

first of all sorry that my reply toke so long but there are things in my life that I can not put to the side. Thanks to you all that reply to my thread. That made my week and if you see what we are taking about that a + to us all God bless
that,s the way I see it we are still on top any way you look at it. and still they have bugs meaning SLI/PCI-E.You can read them every were on the web we 6800 series are the best cards to date. Be happy about that I am :cool: :cool:

MUYA 02-21-05 10:45 PM

Re: 6800 Series Sli/pci-e And The Future For Apg
 
i give up


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.