nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Creator of Final Fantasy games now works for Microsoft. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46610)

Rakeesh 02-26-05 02:46 PM

Creator of Final Fantasy games now works for Microsoft.

http://news.inq7.net/infotech/index....story_id=28766

If microsoft keeps getting similar deals to this, they may yet pick up respectable sales in the asian market.

|MaguS| 02-26-05 08:38 PM

Re: Creator of Final Fantasy games now works for Microsoft.

Eh, I read this but it honestly means nothing. He hasn't been on the creative part of a game in over 10 years and its not like its Square, Its a new company that he founded. Of course a new company will jump onboard any system they can get...

Oh and he doesn't work for Microsoft, he stated that his company will be making 2 exclusive RPGs for the next Xbox.

Rakeesh 02-26-05 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Oh and he doesn't work for Microsoft, he stated that his company will be making 2 exclusive RPGs for the next Xbox.

In effect, working for microsoft.

Vagrant Zero 02-27-05 01:35 AM

He's a hack who hasn't touched a FF game in a non-sexual manner since FFVI. As mentioned this won't change anything, FF/Square Enix has the name, not the people who make the games [espeically since the FF games shuffle development teams almost every other iteration].

|MaguS| 02-27-05 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
In effect, working for microsoft.

No since MS doesn't pay him directly nor is he on thier payroll. If this was the case then Square and Namco would work for Sony since they both are practically exclusive to Sony...

Hes making 2 Exclusive RPGs, who knows how many games his development studio will be making... maybe PS3 will get 3 Exclusives? or Nintendo...

ChrisRay 02-27-05 07:33 AM

Either way its nice to see Microsoft is trying to get some developers to tackle their RPG market which they desperately need right now.

Rakeesh 02-27-05 11:23 AM

Hmm...you guys act as though you want microsoft to fail in this area. Why?

Ninjaman09 02-27-05 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Hmm...you guys act as though you want microsoft to fail in this area. Why?

Because it's "cool" to hate Microsoft, duh.

Anyway, I'm excited to hear about this. Considering that the first four Final Fantasies were arguably the best (and are my favorites, especially IV) it's good to hear that this man will be developing games again. I'll be keeping my eyes on this.

|MaguS| 02-27-05 12:04 PM

I dis like MS because I don't like any company that basically says "Develope for me or I will buy you out!", I hate EA aswell. I believe the industry needs more independent developers and when you have companies throwing cash around to make sure they get the games they want, it pisses me off. Oh and MS's QA sucks... they block great original/unique concepts from being developed/published for the Xbox.

(Not saying MS did it with this game/developer but they have with many others, Bungi anyone?)

Rakeesh 02-27-05 12:31 PM

If it weren't for microsoft, the last generation of consoles would have been a hell of a lot more expensive than they were. Nearly half of the sudden price drops by all 3 console manufacturers were triggered by microsoft alone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Anyway, I'm excited to hear about this. Considering that the first four Final Fantasies were arguably the best (and are my favorites, especially IV) it's good to hear that this man will be developing games again. I'll be keeping my eyes on this.

Yeah I agree with that. FF7 was the last semi-good one. After that was all crap. FF4 was definitely the best of all of them though, at least the storyline was anyways.

Zelda_fan 02-27-05 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egbtmagus
I dis like MS because I don't like any company that basically says "Develope for me or I will buy you out!", I hate EA aswell. I believe the industry needs more independent developers and when you have companies throwing cash around to make sure they get the games they want, it pisses me off. Oh and MS's QA sucks... they block great original/unique concepts from being developed/published for the Xbox.

(Not saying MS did it with this game/developer but they have with many others, Bungi anyone?)

who cares? Microsoft makes some good games and that's all that really matters.

Age of Empires series
Age of Mythology
Dungeon Siege series

As long as they make good games I'm not complaining at all.

Vagrant Zero 02-27-05 04:37 PM

Meh, the first FF game was crap, the second wasn't even an FF game [it was a SaGa game], and I haven't played the third to comment. However from the SNES era FFIV was my favorite, with 5 close behind. I never got into VI.