nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Everquest 2 starting tips ? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46879)

EciDemon 03-02-05 10:44 PM

Everquest 2 starting tips ?

I just picked up the game, Though the help section is good I think I need some starting tips from you who have played this for a while.

Im playing as a fighter on the good side. Any tips on collecting money ?
I seem only to find slime and small viles, not worth very much at all. Need to collect more money so I can pay the upkeep for the inn.

Actually any tips you guys might give would be most welcome :)

pingu2 03-03-05 03:56 AM

Re: Everquest 2 starting tips ?

when you start out, 5silver seems a fortune - but if you just concentrate your efforts on quests and/or hunting or tradeskills you will soon be making enough to pay your room upkeep and buy new gear and combat/spell upgrades..

I would suggest you visit the newbie forum on eq2players.com - read some of the sticky posts there - and if you have questions it's a good place to ask them.. also each server has chat channels called qeynos.help and freeport.help (for good and evil characters respectively) .. you can join them by right clicking on a chat window and going into chat options, the channel will be assigned a number and you can send messages to it by typing eg "/1 can anyone tell me how to strangle a gnome?" - /ooc messages will usually yield helpful replies too!

anyway - my main advice is just to look around and speak to all the npc you can - there are literally thousands of quests to be done, and they are a major source of upgrades/income and interest..

EciDemon 03-03-05 04:53 AM

Ill check out those forums
your right there are quests offered everywere. Quite overwhelming I must admit.
Now Im going to the Caves for a quest, just need to figure out where that is :)

pingu2 03-03-05 04:58 AM

go to the docks in your starting hamlet/village (or any docks really) - and click on the bell that is marked for destinations outside qeynos - choose catacombs or something, cant remember long time ago!, that is another name for The Caves

EciDemon 03-03-05 06:09 AM

Thanks for the directions :)
I guess im not used to this big world yet. This is the first mmorpg Im subscribing to. I have played both kal online and Knights online but dang they got nothing compare to EQ2
This is loads of fun, I have yet to find someone to party with (who is serious) But I think a few of my irl friends are going to join up too :D
It's going to be great!

|MaguS| 03-03-05 06:33 AM

What server you on? If your on Mistmoore, I just started a new toon. I could help you out.

Sorrow 03-03-05 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EciDemon
Thanks for the directions :)
I guess im not used to this big world yet. This is the first mmorpg Im subscribing to. I have played both kal online and Knights online but dang they got nothing compare to EQ2
This is loads of fun, I have yet to find someone to party with (who is serious) But I think a few of my irl friends are going to join up too :D
It's going to be great!

If you get bored, come to WoW :p World's a lot less linear.

|MaguS| 03-03-05 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorrow
If you get bored, come to WoW :p World's a lot less linear.

When you can play :p

Sorrow 03-03-05 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egbtmagus
When you can play :p

When you can play, but when you DO play, it IS quite fun :lol:

|MaguS| 03-03-05 08:52 AM

I've been playing WoW on and off, bought an account (woot only $15 bucks and used a freinds DVD!). Its not a bad game, just not what Im looking for.

EciDemon 03-03-05 09:06 AM

Wow is totaly sold out here in sweden, have to wait for next shipment due in two weeks at best. One awesome mmorpg is enugh for me though, and Eq2 suits me very well :)
The artistic style is just what I like. It reminds me very much of morrowind I must say.

egbtmagus> Actually Im not sure what server im playing on *lol* *very much noob yes*
In the launch app it says [playername] - Nektulous so I guess thats the server.
Things are progressing :) level 9 to be warriror *when I find that arena*

If anyone is on and is interesting in some party action my character name is Alisiadragon

|MaguS| 03-03-05 09:50 AM

Bah, Nek server :p