nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   mounted cd drive not being veiwed by UT installer (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4746)

madman_lxl 12-04-02 09:33 AM

mounted cd drive not being veiwed by UT installer

hi i'm a n00b to linux and i seem to be having a problem running the installer for ut in mandrake 9. It asks for the cd and i place it in but it doesn't pick up i have tried everything to get it to work but with no luck. is it a mobo ide problem because i have an nForce mobo or is it a software problem which i belive it is. can anyone help me?

tuxfriend 12-11-02 02:49 PM

Hi,
I was playing around a little with MDK 9.0 a few weeks ago.As i
remember it had the auto or supermount feature for /dev/cdrom.
Deactivate it,there is a cofiguration-tool you can use as root to
do that in KDE.
After that you have to mount /dev/cdrom in console or rightclick with
mouse on the icon and use mount.Remember to umount.
This might help.There is a Gaming FAQ on www.icculus.org with
is helpfull to.

lunix 12-11-02 04:37 PM

There is a bug in the installer. It will ask for cd 2 but it needs cd 3, or something like that. So when it is not picking up the cd you are putting in try one of the other ones till you get it right...

tuxfriend 12-11-02 04:53 PM

With UT2003 you are right.Think madman_lxl is talking about UT.
I had the same problem in a fews forums in Germany-talking about
UT or UT2003 folks are messsing around with the name.
Maybe we should ask first with one they really ask for ;-)

EnergyRecr 11-22-08 12:57 AM

Re: mounted cd drive not being veiwed by UT installer

But in the past few years, DVD technology has become so cheap and ubiquitous that manufacturers are adding video playback to these systems, often without charging much more money.One such "home theater on a shelf" is the LG LF-D7150. Widely available at Best Buy and other retailers for less than $250, the LF-D7150 delivers a panoply of extra features --including DivX video playback, USB host support, and digital audio input -- that distinguish it from the competition.With its black and silver color scheme and its reflective front face, the LF-D7150 sports a thoroughly high-tech look that feels right at home in the 21st century.
Fashion police take note: It will fit right into any place with a modern design sensibility, but anyone needing a retro appearance or a more traditional wood-grain look should look elsewhere (the Philips MCD702, for example)

Energy jobs 12-16-08 12:16 PM

Re: mounted cd drive not being veiwed by UT installer

Rapid changes in communicative technologies require a new attitude toward the educational process, one that recognizes the need for life-long learning by all — faculty, staff, and students. Cathedral High School has embraced that new educational process and is committed to promoting this attitude toward learning as it works to integrate new technologies into the academic curricula. However, as the Declaration on Christian Education states, “Technology is not to be viewed as an end in itself. It is used as a vehicle of communication, analysis, and research in the light of Catholic values and moral decision-making.” Moreover, we recognize that teaching is not just about imparting and gathering information; rather, it is about acquiring knowledge by thinking about information. Therefore, Cathedral High School will continue to carry out the educational objectives of its mission while being open to the fundamental changes that information technology can bring about in our institution.