nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Splinter Cell 3 Chaos Theory feedback thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48392)

jAkUp 03-28-05 10:05 PM

Splinter Cell 3 Chaos Theory feedback thread

3 Attachment(s)
Lets hear it :afro:

Make sure to pick up the official patch first (thanks SH64)
Patch 1.01

Here is my quick review:
Game is fantastic, graphics are better than the demo, and run twice as fast, 1600x1200 HDR/8xAF and all options maxed is completely playable. I just finished the first two missions, and they were extremely tense, and exciting. Can't wati to get to the other missions :) Here is some quick screenshots I grabbed from the full version:

Mr. Hunt 03-28-05 10:10 PM

Re: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Feedback Thread

Actually if it is anything like the multiplayer beta... it has an autopatcher included.

Anyway... yeah... I SHOULD be getting the game tomorrow... but gamestop.com might screw me over.

SH64 03-28-05 10:19 PM

I'm getting it as soon as its available here . afterall its a good game to take advantage of the SLI setup :D
& i'll be interested to see if SM2.0 is implemented for the ATi cards in the full ver or not .

Mr. Hunt 03-28-05 10:25 PM

I read some messages from people who already have the game and they said only SM 1.1 and SM 3.0

saturnotaku 03-28-05 10:34 PM

The Xbox version was available for purchase today at my local EB. PC to come tomorrow.

superklye 03-28-05 10:44 PM

I'm very interested in this game, especially after reading the PCGamer review. I think I'll download the demo tomorrow when I get back on campus and see.

I remember playing the first game two years ago, but that was on a GF4 and it kept overheating my computer and crashing it, so it kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. But from the little I was able to play of that...it was spectacular.

fivefeet8 03-29-05 12:14 AM

Re: "Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory" Feedback Thread

Getting my copy on wednesday. I can't wait. The demo will have to suffice until then. I've been trying to get 100% on the hardest level. ;)

Knot3D 03-29-05 03:58 AM

That 1280 x 960 rez seems to be hurting your framerate there Jakup.

I'm playing sm3.0 all options enabled at 1024 x 768 and that section
with the cave bridge i get about 40 fps, so i prefer that over 1280 x 960.

Btw, Gamespot stooped to new lows ; they gave the game a mere 8.6
Yes, Kasavin strikes again. Remember he gave MGS2 a 9.6, MGS3 a 8.7
though.

jAkUp 03-29-05 10:56 AM

Thats actually 1600x1200 with the screen size reduced 80% :) With the newer drivers SLI actually worked in HDR, so I was getting about 40fps at 1600x1200, but they were so unstable in other games I was forced to go back to the latest officials.

Skinner 03-29-05 11:06 AM

One of the best games for 2005 I think. Tomorrow I'll pick it up at the media markt in Rotterdam, not that many knows that store though :D

I was thinking, if I should play it now, or wait for a next gen videocard ;) I do'nt think I can wait so long...

aaahhh52 03-29-05 11:07 AM

Damnit apparently my EB's got the xbox and ps2 versions but they didnt recieve there pc shipments. Anger rising......

jAkUp 03-29-05 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinner
One of the best games for 2005 I think. Tomorrow I'll pick it up at the media markt in Rotterdam, not that many knows that store though :D

I was thinking, if I should play it now, or wait for a next gen videocard ;) I do'nt think I can wait so long...

If you wait your gonna be waiting a while :)