nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Everquest 2 high end system verses WoW high end system.. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48731)

ChrisRay 04-05-05 07:08 AM

Everquest 2 high end system verses WoW high end system..

2 Attachment(s)
What does it take to run both at the highest possible settings? Well see below...

P.S. This is just a rib joke at both companies. ;p

nutcrackr 04-05-05 07:22 AM

Re: Everquest 2 high end system verses WoW high end system..

I notice Everquest 2 is still running low res :p

caldas 04-05-05 08:45 AM

:D good ChrisRay

Marcos 04-05-05 10:24 AM

WoW just looks like a zoomed in Warcraft III. It would be acceptable if it was still 2001. EQ II is just a mess.

CaptNKILL 04-05-05 05:18 PM

This is why I play Ultima Online ;)

gram_vaz 04-05-05 08:41 PM

lol, nice commentary on both game's graphics. one went overboard with the graphics and the other just didn't try hard enough for the graphics.

Elderblaze 04-05-05 09:06 PM

Blizzard did what they did on purpose, you don't get 1.5 million subscribers requiring 2 ghz machines with a gig of ram.

regards,
mike

DaveChambers 04-05-05 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elderblaze
Blizzard did what they did on purpose, you don't get 1.5 million subscribers requiring 2 ghz machines with a gig of ram.

regards,
mike

:beer: :clap2:

gram_vaz 04-05-05 10:17 PM

yes, i've heard it all before. i dont' see why blizzard couldn't have included a low, mid, and high graphical settings like many other games do.

Elderblaze 04-06-05 05:53 AM

Well, wow's World geometry and models are all low poly. It's hard to adjust those things with a slider bar. The only thing they could have done better is perhaps add more Pixel shader effects. I think WOW's flawless myself. Sure i'ts low poly, but it sure is beatiful regardless. It's definatly a "next gen" mmo. I think it looks better then anything other then EQ2. It has superb art and color use. EQ2's graphics look nice and detailed, but to me, personally I can't stand most of the art, drab and dull, monotone, just blah. That's my personal opinion though and as such, is not stated as fact.

So there's no misunderstanding, I don't play Wow or EQ2, I do still play EQ1 alot though. And I did give both games a honest shot, played Wow for about 2 mos and EQ2 around the same.

Regards,
Mike

ChrisRay 04-06-05 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elderblaze
Well, wow's World geometry and models are all low poly. It's hard to adjust those things with a slider bar. The only thing they could have done better is perhaps add more Pixel shader effects. I think WOW's flawless myself. Sure i'ts low poly, but it sure is beatiful regardless. It's definatly a "next gen" mmo. I think it looks better then anything other then EQ2. It has superb art and color use. EQ2's graphics look nice and detailed, but to me, personally I can't stand most of the art, drab and dull, monotone, just blah. That's my personal opinion though and as such, is not stated as fact.

Regards,
Mike

Well. EQ 2's shader model system actually adjusts the polygon count based upon the models being rendered. ((High detail verses low detail)) and you can adjust the triangle distance ect for geometry performance. It can be done if the engine is scalable enough.

Elderblaze 04-06-05 05:57 AM

/sarcasm on
yes Chris, and we see how well it worked for EQ2. Shiat performance on Low Medium and High quality.
/sarcasm off

Though i see your point. EQ 2's performance does not scale properly. There's not as much of a differnce between High/Medium/low as there should be. It's like you give up 500% quality for 25% speed. It's just not scaled right.

WOW's graphics engine is nothing special, it's just a hacked Warcraft 3 mod, what the developers and artist did with it, however is quite special imo. Imagine what they could do with Unreal engine.