nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Official Guild Wars Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49759)

Clay 04-26-05 03:57 PM

Official Guild Wars Thread

So, who's getting Guild Wars? I noticed the demo box allows you a 24 hour advance on playing the game. The free online gameplay has me hooked enough to try it out. I hate the idea of monthly fees for a game.

PSYCHODAD 04-26-05 03:58 PM

Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay
So, who's getting Guild Wars? I noticed the demo box allows you a 24 hour advance on playing the game. The free online gameplay has me hooked enough to try it out. I hate the idea of monthly fees for a game.

I'll probably pickup a copy sometime in the near future.

UDawg 04-26-05 05:52 PM

I bought the thing from Best Buy but I lost my receipt. Wonder how I can get the game i pre-paid for now. ...

ynnek 04-26-05 05:59 PM

My cowoker who is heavy into MMORPG and computer RPG's(he always ends up with the best character combo in the shortest amount of time, with the best equipment,etc) told me that the made it alot more interesting than the initial first public demo... In fact, oroginally, he did not like the intial first public demo at all, but now he is sold on Guild Wars with all the extra content and stuff it has in it, that he's going to pick up a copy..

so I'm gonna wait till he gets it, and then I'll get it depending onw hwat he says.

superklye 04-26-05 06:46 PM

I think there is a VERY good chance of me picking it up, assuming it goes on sale for $30-35

demonized 04-26-05 10:33 PM

I'm getting the game too. It's priced at $39 here in canada and comes with a free t-shirt.

Vagrant Zero 04-27-05 01:52 AM

Hey you guys wanna set up a NVNews Guild or something?

Clay 04-27-05 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
Hey you guys wanna set up a NVNews Guild or something?

Let's see how great (or not) the game is first. :D

|MaguS| 04-27-05 09:28 AM

I will pick it up just because I loved Diablo and Diablo 2, this is nothing more then a clone but who cares.... still fun! :)

Ghosthunter 04-27-05 09:29 AM

I might try it for fun...but I am not big into MMORPG that dont charge a monthly fee...just means be a bunch of kids..and worst kinds who dont care what kind of rep they get kind of like diablo crowd. Also how does that profit model work? How are they able to make money yet still be able to produce content, fix bugs and have a stable platform?

|MaguS| 04-27-05 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
I might try it for fun...but I am not big into MMORPG that dont charge a monthly fee...just means be a bunch of kids..and worst kinds who dont care what kind of rep they get kind of like diablo crowd. Also how does that profit model work? How are they able to make money yet still be able to produce content, fix bugs and have a stable platform?

Well considering that its NOT A MMORPG, there is not profit model, It's a Diablo type game with no SP, only MP. The world is not unlimited and the amount of players limited to the world is limited aswell to around 24 (think it might be 32 but I dout it).

They plan to support the game through expansions just like Diablo did and hopefully more constant patches then Diablo (those long waits are what killed D2 for me).

Anyway, I always need a hack and slash game to play when I don't really want to think. :D

Mr. Hunt 04-27-05 12:48 PM

Gosh... you people are making me want to buy it... one question... are there plans to up the max level? 20 seems way too low for me.