nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Everest's GPU Core Temp Report (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49807)

Clay 04-27-05 10:18 PM

Everest's GPU Core Temp Report

I'm using Everest 2.00.316 Beta (first time I've used Everest) and it seems to agree with the temps reported from NVCPL v71.89 and SpeedFan v4.23 as shown in the screenshot below...except for the GPU core temp in Everest is clearly wrong. Anyone know of a version of Everest that reports the temps more accurately?

http://img13.echo.cx/img13/2598/everest6lj.jpg

einstein_314 04-27-05 10:27 PM

Re: Everest's GPU Core Temp Report

I have exactly the same problem. It reports the GPU temp about 10C below what it actually is. I'm using the same version as you. I had an older edition (v1.51), but it didn't even have the GPU temps.

EDIT: Clay, how do you manage to get your GPU temp so low? My ultra is idling at 53C with a NV5 Silencer that I filed, sanded and polished for hours.

Clay 04-27-05 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by einstein_314
I have exactly the same problem. It reports the GPU temp about 10C below what it actually is. I'm using the same version as you. I had an older edition (v1.51), but it didn't even have the GPU temps.

EDIT: Clay, how do you manage to get your GPU temp so low? My ultra is idling at 53C with a NV5 Silencer that I filed, sanded and polished for hours.

Thanks for the info, I saw your posts in the "Useful Software" thread but I thougth I start a thread on this specifically. With SpeedFan you can edit the temps it reports with an offset +/- as you may need to get it right. Everest might have this too but I've not looked yet.

As for my temps...hee hee...sorry, I'm actually watercooling right now so my sig is a bit misleading. :angel:

einstein_314 04-28-05 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay
As for my temps...hee hee...sorry, I'm actually watercooling right now so my sig is a bit misleading. :angel:

Aha, that explains it. There's times when I wish I had watercooling. But then I realize that I don't really need it. One day though I plan on venturing into the world of water cooling.

Clay 04-28-05 01:55 AM

You nailed it on the head when you said "venturing" :) It is not rocket science but it's also not a no brainer either.

The thing I'm liking about it the most so far is the reduction in noise over air cooling. I also like the fact that my CPU and GPU are running considerably cooler which equals longer life and better stability.

wEEt 04-28-05 03:31 AM

Oh...My English is too bad to explain...Well, I try to explain it, anyway (in very simple English). The CP adds 10C to the temperature he reads because the sensor for the temperature isn't directly on the GPU. The CP does that so the shown temperature is more realistic. SpeedFan knows this, too - Everest doesn't.
I hope you all know what I mean... :(

Superfly 04-28-05 06:37 AM

makes sense - i get ya :-)

Clay 04-28-05 09:47 AM

Yeah I understand wEEt. Although, for the version I started out with for SpeedFan I did have to make the adjustment to match up with what the NVCPL was reporting for the GPU temp. I only did this after doing a lot of double checking with like setups to mine so that I knew NVCPL was reporting correctly in the first place.

Vagrant Zero 04-28-05 01:45 PM

Actually for me, Everest seems to be reporting the right temps [yes they're 10C lower than the NVCP]. My GPU used to Idle at 60C then I installed the 71.81s. Needless to say temps went way up [started idling at 90C]. So I reinstalled my older drivers only to notice that they were 10C higher than what they used to be.