nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Pricegrabber widget.. slow loading nvnews (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51837)

OldOfEvil 06-10-05 10:49 PM

Pricegrabber widget.. slow loading nvnews

Is it just me ( and my ISP ) or does the little Pricegrabber price list slow the frontpage load to seahorse like speeds, been averaging about 18-15 sec's to load the page because of that thing. Any workarounds for that?

Kamel 06-11-05 01:45 AM

Re: Pricegrabber widget.. slow loading nvnews

same has been happening here. i think it's because it's not being hosted at nvnews.net. the problem is though, the rest of the page wont load until that is finished loading :'(

edit: slows the forums down a lot for me, even sometimes it will give a timed out error and refuse to load the rest of the page.

Clay 06-11-05 02:00 AM

Yes, Mike is aware of this but like Kamel says it's not the nV News server at issue but Pricegrabber's.

Son Goku 06-12-05 02:44 PM

I was about to post something about this... Would it be possible to pull it onto your server till they get this solved, or something? It's putting a bit of a delay on the loading of every forum page...

Sazar 06-12-05 02:50 PM

Loads instantaneously for me. I wonder if it might also be browser specific? Or if there are updated needed to make it load faster?

FWIW, I love the add-on :)

Hopefully you'll have more things on a rotating basis showing in the price list eventually but I love the current setup.

Son Goku 06-12-05 03:20 PM

OK, thanks saz, that might help narrow things down for all of us. What browser do you have, and what browser do other's have.

It's lagging up the load of the web site on Mozilla 1.7.2 here...

LiquidX 06-12-05 04:00 PM

I think it is brower specific Sazar. IE loads it fine with no problems or wait, while FireFox slows down and has to load up that section first.

SH64 06-12-05 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
Is it just me ( and my ISP ) or does the little Pricegrabber price list slow the frontpage load to seahorse like speeds

Its not you .. i'm having this slower loading time too with this new pricegrabber banner :thumbdwn:

Son Goku 06-12-05 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidX
I think it is brower specific Sazar. IE loads it fine with no problems or wait, while FireFox slows down and has to load up that section first.

By George, I think you guys got it. Best I can guess, it must have something built in that uses a feature present in the Mozilla/IE code base (a tad annoyingly) which IE doesn't support... Course IE 6 is the older browser.

THX, until this gets resolved, I can just use IE to browse here...got both browsers on my comp :D

Roadhog 06-13-05 12:10 AM

yes, it is making NVnews load much slower for me :(

MikeC 06-13-05 09:54 AM

It is not the pricegrabber ads that was slowing us down it was the E3 video's. A forum had linked to them and they were being downloaded at a large volume. I had to take them off the server for a while.

Kamel 06-13-05 03:48 PM

i can provide a mirror with a 60gb/month quota if you like. it wont be able to handle all of the traffic, but it may illeviate some load.