nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   It's hard to believe... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52406)

superklye 06-22-05 02:03 PM

It's hard to believe...

That the 6x00 line is now "legacy"...brings a tear of fondness to my eye.

TeaEtchSee 06-22-05 02:11 PM

Re: It's hard to believe...

Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
That the 6x00 line is now "legacy"...brings a tear of fondness to my eye.

ya, its a good time to get a 6x00, there on sale like hot cakes :D

superklye 06-22-05 02:16 PM

Sigh...and I paid $411 for my GT. But you know what? It was worth it and I would do it again if I had the chance. Man, what a great card. :)

Bluekkis 06-22-05 02:36 PM

*sniff*

I feel so.. outdated :D

superklye 06-22-05 02:37 PM

haha, i know right? And up until a week ago, this was top of the line.

Sigh.

rohit 06-22-05 03:44 PM

since the GF6 and GF7 series have almost the same features, etc etc.. they should be together, and the remaining should be the legecy cards..IMO.

P.S: (besides the transparency AA thing)

Acid Rain 06-22-05 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superklye
haha, i know right? And up until a week ago, this was top of the line.

Sigh.

This used to make my system seem crappy. I'd run out and buy the latest card the day they came out. I was like this till about a year and a half ago.

I've finally realized that my system is still plenty powerful for me, at least now that graphics technology has become so powerful.

I think the NV40 has a good chunk of life left. PS 3.0, they're tremendously powerful even in the light of the new cards, the drivers are extremely stable and the image quality is excellent.

I am really loving this card still, and plan to until either A: The new generation is down to $400 to higher end parts, or B: the following generation utterly anihilates the console chips.

Either way, yet again, the consumer wins.

superklye 06-22-05 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowcast
This used to make my system seem crappy. I'd run out and buy the latest card the day they came out. I was like this till about a year and a half ago.

I've finally realized that my system is still plenty powerful for me, at least now that graphics technology has become so powerful.

I think the NV40 has a good chunk of life left. PS 3.0, they're tremendously powerful even in the light of the new cards, the drivers are extremely stable and the image quality is excellent.

I am really loving this card still, and plan to until either A: The new generation is down to $400 to higher end parts, or B: the following generation utterly anihilates the console chips.

Either way, yet again, the consumer wins.

Aye, that's very true.

I'm waiting to upgrade my graphics card until I get a dual core A64 setup some time next year. There is no point for me to get another card that is even more powerful than this one, when the 6800GT isn't even being used to its full potential. I can't game higher than 1280x1024 and I've got an Athlon XP 3200...the bottleneck is definitely my CPU, not the graphics card.

Plus, I want to wait and see what nVIDIA has to say about the r520. They've GOT to have something up their collective sleeve to smite that core when it comes out. :)

SH64 06-22-05 05:10 PM

/starts thinking of a way to sell the 6800GTs :firedevil

rohit 06-22-05 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me
since the GF6 and GF7 series have almost the same features, etc etc.. they should be together, and the remaining should be the legecy cards..IMO.

woah, they did hear me, its not the GF7 forum anymore, its gf6 and gf7 series..

|JuiceZ| 06-22-05 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohit
woah, they did hear me, its not the GF7 forum anymore, its gf6 and gf7 series..

Thank you ;)

superklye 06-22-05 08:01 PM

No, thank you! I no longer feel QUITE so obsolete. :)