nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Well back to EQ 2 for now. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53087)

ChrisRay 07-04-05 11:57 PM

Well back to EQ 2 for now.

Well I decided to put Wow down for a while and try the new adventure packs in EQ 2. The WoW end game just isnt exciting me at all. Be nice to see more of what EQ 2 has to offer for now. I have 100% vitaility on my 32 defiler so I should get a nice little boost from that.

lognoronon 07-05-05 01:30 AM

Re: Well back to EQ 2 for now.

Atleast you have a rig that can run the damn game now (I would hope anyway :) ). That game is coded horribly for how it looks (SOE at work as usual) My rig runs the game like total ass and I don't consider it to be a crap rig. Not top of the line but not crap. But I admit I have not played it since Nov so maybe they made MAJOR performance improvements to it. I have stopped WOW for now because of the same reasons. I have gone back to EQ 1 though :)

datamage 07-05-05 01:40 AM

Let us know how EQ2 fares these days. I admit that raiding MC/Onyxia has lost its charm. I've almost been tempted to re-install EQ2 as well.

- D.

ChrisRay 07-05-05 01:43 AM

Well. EQ 2 still runs like a dog lognoronon. I never had the stutter problem but it never ran great to begin with. My average framerates are up and I can now play the game @ 1600x1200 with 4xAA/16xAF. My minimum framerates are still just as bad as my 6800GT SLI setup. ANd Cities still chug for me. I'm gonna have to upgrade my memory to see a sizable improvement to texture thrashing.

Other than that I am fairly impressed. Game has been improving by leaps and bounds really. From a PVE perspective. Splitpaw Saga is a lot of fun and makes me glad I do station access.

lognoronon 07-05-05 01:49 AM

Maybe I'll just get the all access thing and reinstall EQ 2 just to mess with it a little bit and I can still have EQ 1 going as my main game. Is it still a meager 4 character limit? (that pissed me off royaly).

ChrisRay 07-05-05 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lognoronon
Maybe I'll just get the all access thing and reinstall EQ 2 just to mess with it a little bit and I can still have EQ 1 going as my main game. Is it still a meager 4 character limit? (that pissed me off royaly).

With station access its a 10 charactor limit. Without station access its a 6 charactor limit.

GlowStick 07-05-05 02:17 AM

Grrr, i want eq2 now :d

Marcos 07-05-05 09:41 AM

wait for the WoW xp before you come back i guess.

have you raided MC and Onxyia? You are going to miss blackwing lair coming in a few weeks as well.

Oh well one less alliance.

Ghosthunter 07-05-05 09:46 AM

Yeah Splitpaw pak was done really well...though with my zerker I cannot beat that Pit Champion..tried like 8 times even with full potions and superb gear

lognoronon 07-05-05 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcos
wait for the WoW xp before you come back i guess.

have you raided MC and Onxyia? You are going to miss blackwing lair coming in a few weeks as well.

Oh well one less alliance.

I have beaten MC and Onyxia many many times. The game is still getting boring. EQ 1 is great cause of all the content plus 1 major thing that puts it above everything else. AA's WOW needs some sort of micro advancement for the people just idling at 60 doing the same instance for the 100th time with nothing to gain from it. I am not familiar with the high end game of EQ 2 since I stopped playing in Nov when WOW came out.

Tyr-Sog 07-05-05 01:53 PM

Wow lost it's luster really fast after lvl 60, even with battlefield. You can only play the few high end instances so many times(me being twice and bored silly after that). And again, my biggest complaint about wow is the community.

I'm also back to eq2. Really a better game imo. I just like the atmosphere, music and art better I guess. Draws me in to my charater more. Also, I think they really have polished up the game a lot since the last time i played a few months ago. Seems to run a bit better and it just seems more user friendly overall for some odd reason. I'll play month to month for now.

BTW, i seem to be running decent with 6xaa/16xaf, 1280x1064, textures at max and the rests at high. Sliders very from option to option though and are really still just set to that old guide that was going around at the beginnig of launch.

nrdstrm 07-05-05 07:23 PM

I only tried WOW druing beta. EQ2 has had me since I got into that beta. If you guys are ever on Kithicore server, I have a 49 zerker and 24 pally if ya ever need help.
Splitpaw is a blast I must say. I didnt care as much for the vampire one that came before. I got to mess around with the expansion a bit at E3 and that looks great as well. They keep adding high end content like crazy. I have wanted to try wow for a bit, but then SOE turns around and adds more high end stuff...lol...
Nrdstrm
Corbijn - 49 Zerker - Kithicore
Aqot - 24 Pally - Kithicore