nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Only too true... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53428)

Vagrant Zero 07-11-05 08:51 PM

Only too true...

The Paladin as he is in World of Warcraft.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../PaladinUI.jpg

ChrisRay 07-11-05 09:09 PM

Re: Only too true...

Paladins wouldnt be so bad if They just had some control over their burst damage. This is why I firmly believe EQ 2's combat system is superior to WoW right now. Burst damage is controlled by every class fairly equally.

Zelda_fan 07-12-05 09:49 AM

Paladin's need to know their role. They are not damage dealers. They are primarely healers, but most paladins don't realize that.

mcolbourn 07-12-05 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonk
Paladin's need to know their role. They are not damage dealers. They are primarely healers, but most paladins don't realize that.

Pala's are NOT primary healers at all!!! also we are not a Tank either!!

We are a secondary healer and secondary tank.

I am a lvl 40 Pala and I would not think of myself as a primary healer, I would say I am a buffer!! (what we do best). If there is a prest in the party then they are primary healer, if not I will try to heal but a pala can run out of manna very fast even with BOW on them. If there is no Warrior in the party I will try my best to be a tank.

I find people that think a palla is a primary healer do not know how quick we can run out of manna the rest of the team need to keep an eye on the pala's manna and if they are acting as primary healer they need to fall backl to protect him.

carkis 07-12-05 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcolbourn
Pala's are NOT primary healers at all!!! also we are not a Tank either!!

We are a secondary healer and secondary tank.

I am a lvl 40 Pala and I would not think of myself as a primary healer, I would say I am a buffer!! (what we do best). If there is a prest in the party then they are primary healer, if not I will try to heal but a pala can run out of manna very fast even with BOW on them. If there is no Warrior in the party I will try my best to be a tank.

I find people that think a palla is a primary healer do not know how quick we can run out of manna the rest of the team need to keep an eye on the pala's manna and if they are acting as primary healer they need to fall backl to protect him.

QFT

Paladins are best for support, and shaman fill a similar role. Even if they can't spam damage, SoC HURTS when it procs. I've never rolled one and I've not spent much time with Alliance, but I know in battlegrounds paladins who know their role are dangerous. Being a warrior I must learn my enemy :D

Going against two paladins who heal in WG is a frikkin' nightmare.

carkis 07-12-05 11:37 AM

Aargh I just noticed he's wearing valor :eek:
This pally needs help!

I can't say anything ... I'm wearing lightforge bracers :p

Marcos 07-13-05 08:29 AM

that pic is great haha

Tr1cK 07-13-05 12:20 PM

If a guy wearing plate, that can heal and shield himself isn't a tank, wtf is?

MOTÖRHEAD 07-16-05 12:00 PM

IMHO Wow made a mistake in giving Alliance both pallies and warriors. What they should of done was to give pallies only to alliance and make them into the main tank role and give the Horde the warrior class as their main tank. Shamans could of been given to both sides. Horde and Alliance. Shamans could of been a class that humans and the NE's could of gotten as well as giving Shamans to the Horde.

They then could of buffed up the pallies DPS to match that of the warrior on the Horde side. While also buffing up the warriors damage mitigation to rival that of the pallies on Alliance.

MOTÖRHEAD 07-16-05 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK
If a guy wearing plate, that can heal and shield himself isn't a tank, wtf is?

LoL - A mistake.